Sound and Video out of sync

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound and Video out of sync

aerostats
Extra
I have multiple joey receivers playing the same channel. Each one runs at different timing sync causing sound echo throughout the house.
7 Replies

Re: Sound and Video out of sync

DISH Employee
aerostats wrote:
I have multiple joey receivers playing the same channel. Each one runs at different timing sync causing sound echo throughout the house.

Have you tried to reset the main Hopper receiver by unplugging it from the power outlet for at least 15 seconds then plugging it back in?

peggyrh
Casting Director
Joeys get their signal from the Hopper so there will always be a slight "out of sync" issue, no way around it.

aerostats
Extra
I disconnected the main hopper for 15 seconds. The problem continues. Thanks

peggyrh wrote:
Joeys get their signal from the Hopper so there will always be a slight "out of sync" issue, no way around it.

This is correct. There is nothing we can do for the Joeys/Hopper not being in sync
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Sparks
Extra

I did this and it works, if only for an hour, sometimes, the rest of the day.

Try hitting the "skip back" once. Mine syncs up for at least an hour, sometimes longer. 

vestaldavid
Extra

YES - DISH COULD do something about this but they haven't.  It's a terrible flaw that is an easy technical fix. A simple delay from the hopper/TV to match the built in delay to the Joeys will do it!  I'm a long time DISH customer, but this is why I'm searching for different option unless does this simple fix to an otherwise nice system is implemented.

Techinical Support, Moderators, Directors can't do a thing - but a young Engineer could fix this easily and retain a few customers.   The older DISH systems didn't work this way . . . .

DISH Employee

Hi David, I know these technical issues can be frustrating. I will be glad to tag your account as affected by the issue and submit this to our engineering team for research. Please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code.