Some recordings gone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some recordings gone

MACDDY
Character Actor

I can see a list of recordings on my recordings page and on the list there are shows with ‘let’s say 15’ recordings that I know,are there. When I click on the show group I only see 4. When I back out of the show list the show group then shows 4. If I back out of mr recordings page shows back at 15. This is occurring on several recorded show groups. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Some recordings gone

Diogenator
Character Actor
Just called 800-333-DISH, waited 37 minutes to get some one, waited another 20 minutes to get the tech department, and spoke with the nicest guy, Jemeel (but pronounced Jeh-MELL). He checked all our systems remotely and found they are good. This phenomenon appears to be the gift of the software release pushed to our Hopper with Sling during the wee hours of August 3rd. Jemeel said the engineers will be apprised of the problem if they aren't already. His supervisor said no bug has ever lasted longer than a couple of months before getting fixed. Just checked our system again. It's fixed! Hope you all have the same success!
19 Replies

HOPM3
Character Actor

Thank you for posting this, the exact same thing has been happening to me for at least the last few days if not a week.

I also found in another post that if you go to the app on your mobile device or tablet, and check your recordings, they’re all there and can be viewed… You can also choose to play them on the TV which works.

This is a very strange issue and seems to be software related, maybe due to a recent update.

I have a hopper 3 and 1 joey...  and I am aware of this happening to someone else who has a dish DVR that is not a hopper.

Can someone from dish please respond?

Tags (2)

harleypirate
Extra
I am having the same issues. It started today. Maybe just a bad update??

Karenyo
Extra

I called today and was told I was caller #941 to report this issue. "Engineering" is supposedly working on it. Keep calling until they fix it -- will only be fixed going forward supposedly.

tubaloth
Extra
Same here with missing shows. Some shows I select and the hopper can't seem to find/load them. Hope dish fixes this soon.

Benske
Extra
I've noticed this has been happening for a few days also, either the no shows available or just a few of the shows showing up, but they are all available on the app through my phone.

mjjacks74
Character Actor

Yes, same here. Yesterday everything was fine and today it was messed up. I have several episodes of ER recorded and when I pull up my dvr it shows I have 90 episodes. When I click to watch I only have 2 seasons available. When I back out and go back in it shows 90 again but when you click on it, it happens again. I can go on my phone and bring up the dish anywhere app and all the episodes are there and I can watch on my phone or even select to watch on tv and it works. But when I go back to the dvr on the hopper it won’t bring up all episodes. 

mtconk
Extra

I've just switched to DISH and have a hopper 3 and a wireless joey. All was going fine until tonight when I found a lot of recorded shows weren't showing up either got a blue scrolling bar, or only 2-3 shows out of 11. I was able to get to the missing single shows by using the info button then pressing watch, but if there are more than one it only shows the most recent show so would be watching them out of order.  I did find all shows listed on my phone app so I can watch them in order that way. What a pain. Adding this to the fact that I can't get Netflix thru the Joey, beginning to wonder about my decision to go with dish.

appraisalserv
Character Actor

Same here WTF dish. At $139.00/ mo the only reason I stay with dish is the awesom DVR with auto hop. Without the ability to watch recorded episodes of programming what would be the reason to keep paying so much when there are all kinds of alternatives out there. Dish are you listening???????

CDRJJC
Character Actor

THE FOLLOWING IS THE INFORMATION I PUT INTO MY CHAT WITH DISH:

For the past 3 days, I can see a list of recordings on my Hopper 3 DVR and one of the groups shows 44 recordings that I know are there. When I click on the show group I only see 3. When I back out of the show list the show group then shows 3. If I bI exit the DVR, this group again shows 44. This is happening on several recorded show groups. In addition, another group shows 15 recorded programs, but when I click on it, the blue/white dashed line just keeps going (like it's searching) and the programs never show up.

THE FOLLOWING ARE EXCERPTS FROM MY CHAT WITH TANIA:

TANIA_OPID_RL4:  I do apologize as this is an issue affecting many others with the Hopper system. It is an internal error and does not pertain to your equipment specifically. 

TANIA_OPID_RL4:  It is a widespread issue for and a high priority as many reports have been received. We hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.  

ME:  Well, do you have an estimate as to when it will be fixed?

TANIA_OPID_RL4: There is not a set time frame but most issues are resolved within 24-72 hours with a software update. This was identified as an issue yesterday.  

ME:  Okay, so can I expect it to be resolved by Tuesday or Wednesday?

TANIA_OPID_RL4: I'm sorry, xxxx, I cannot provide an exact date. The timeliness of resolution depends on what the issue is and the resolution needed. We cannot guarantee a time by which this issue will be resolved. 

ME: I realize that you do not actually have control of the problem, but since it has affected our ability to enjoy our DIS

ME:  DISH and it's features.

TANIA_OPID_RL4: I do understand your frustration and we do not want that to affect the service also. It is a very high priority as others are affected as well. Specific reports like this really help to resolve the problem as quickly as possible, so thank you for bringing this to our attention for your equipment also

ME:  Okay, I guess all I can do is to wait, but I will return every 24-72 hours if the problem continues. Thank you for your assistance and the information about the problem.

TANIA_OPID_RL4: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with? 

ME:  Apparently not!

TANIA_OPID_RL4:  You also have access to the DISH Anywhere app that lets you watch all your TV from anywhere on your smartphone, tablet, PC, Mac or Fire TV. It is included as part of your subscription at no added cost. Thank you for using Dish chat. Have a great rest of the day! 

SO NOW WE HAVE NO OPTION BUT TO WAIT.