Some recordings gone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Some recordings gone

kjohn180
Character Actor

The same issue came up with me. I demanded a replacement receiver/DVR. It was replaced the next day. The tech left the old receiver so I could transfer my recordings to the new one. All "lost" episodes transfered over. The issue is that the DVR/Receiver is defective/worn out, period. Together with the issue with the "favorite channels" not working properly, this is a hardware problem, not a software problem as the reps would have you believe. Dish is stalling to avoid replacing a lot of defective/worn out equipment. Demand a new DVR/Receiver, and don't take no for an answer. 

tubaloth
Character Actor

I got all my records back no change in reciver.  They pushed out some updated and I'm all good. 

My reciver is only a year old. 

HOPM3
Character Actor

Hi kjohn,

Sounds like you were experiencing multiple issues at the same time.  I'm sure you had a valid need for replacement HW, but the majority of people contributing to this thread (specifically regarding missing recordings on the DVR, but they are available on the mobile device/app) saw the problem go away as soon as it was reported as fixed by a SW update. 

I was very plesantly surprised by the ease of use of this community style page, and was satisfied by the speed to resolution by Dish in this case.

Thanks to all who contirbuted, especially those who called into Dish and shared their experience here.

CARHASTINGS
Character Actor
No, it's not fixed for "EVERYONE". Before Live PD came on tonight, I noticed an episode from early 2017 that had been recorded. I wanted to watch it after the current episode. When I went into the DVR to watch it, it was gone! Because we're have satellite internet (with ridiculous data caps) we don't have the DVR hooked up to it. Help?
Connie Raterink
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hi, CARHASTINGS. I hate to hear about this trouble. Can you tell me what model of receiver you have? It is listed on the front of the receiver. Also, have you tired to unplug the receiver from the power outlet for 15 seconds, then plug back in? 

dmary911
Extra

I am experiencing this exact issue now.  How can I get this resolved?

dmary911
Extra

I am having this same trouble now.  Their solution is to send me a new Hopper.  I can see my recordings on Dish Anywhere app but not in my DVR.  I'm afraid that they won't transfer to the new DVR since they are "lost" somewhere.  How were you able to transfer yours over without losing anything?

Benske
Character Actor
The last time this happened to me it was a software release from dish that didn't work the way it was supposed to. It was fixed by another dish update later that weekend. I was able to still access all of my recordings on the dish anywhere app.

Ihatethis89
Extra

Okay I have read feeds of this going back to 2018 where recordings somehow magically disappear. Apparently I was either spared or somehow the malfunction didn't get to my DVR but this time it did. I have a habit of holding onto shows for a long time and some shows I haven't watched going back to last year and, then in essence I binge them all at once. However, I am currently experiencing two separate but totally infuriating issues. First is, I can only get the basic information about the show I am attempting to access with the blue/teal bar that shows up when its loading the episodes. It comes up for some show and others it does nothing but the bar for a long time. The other is, I have shows with 40 and 33 episodes and after gaining access to them I was brought down to 6 and 11....needless to say I am a bit upset.

Now the fact that this seems to be a long running issue brings to mind two questions.

1. If this problem is this long running and pervasive what are they doing that has done this? Does it possibly have anything to do with the force fed commercials that they pipe in on recordings that you are forced to watch if you DVR things. Currently they are pushing Starz and some skin condition drug, the commercial starts by talking about touch being the most important thing or something like that. I don't like these commercials and the reason I record everything is to avoid any commercials and when you try to skip through them the DVR hates it. If this is the reason why, give me a 5 dollar a month extra charge and I'll pay that to avoid getting screwed out of my shows to watch commercials.

2. I purchased a Hopper 3 to get 2000 hours of recordings and have the ability to watch that much T.V. whenever I wanted to. However if DISH is going to do things to disrupt my service what am I actually paying for? Sure I live in a rural area with satellite internet so streaming anything is really out of the question and makes it impossible to connect to the internet with my dish. (I can connect to my internet but the Hopper runs in the background and uses data and I don't think should be used so I disconnected it and changed the password to stop the slow siphoning of what little data I have.) SO I pay over 100 dollars a month for Dish service and I am not generally unhappy I have been around Dish since I was a kid and my mother still has your service, my dad had it as well and when I needed it I was glad to install it instead of direct TV. But this kind of thing is not good customer service and if you make a DVR inoperable and take away it as it was intended to be used and make me lose hundreds of hours of shows/movies what does that say to me as your customer who pays an extra charge to have said DVR?

I might be one lonely soul writing a tome to simply make me feel better, eventually it might get fixed, dish might have someone respond, and they may be able to do something to fix it? But again if you are doing things that make your services unusable for 24-72 hours as others in the community have said....what does that tell the customer? We (Dish) roll out things that disrupt services that customers pay for and we don't warn or tell you about it at all. We don't do proper testing and make sure it has no ill effects over any and all systems we just shove it through and hope for the best.  It might be dramatic but that's what it says to me as a generally happy customer and I can only imagine what it says to people standing with their scissors ready to snip the cord and stream their life away.

I hope that instead of the perfunctory, "We are sorry you are having this issue" first day customer service line, that someone comes out and says "We are having this problem, this is why this problem is happening, and this is what is being done to fix it." Just tell your customers what is happening its not like I am not gonna notice when I have a folder of 40 shows go down to 6! 

Anyone who reads this I am sorry it was so long but I feel like someone needed to hear this and I hope it resonates in someway. For the record I am a happy dish user normally but messing with the things I have stored and saved like a squirrel for winter when its 3 in the morning and there is nothing else on makes me a bit upset.

Also if I replied to someone's specific comment on here this is in no way directed at you. I am just not great with message boards and I couldn't find any other way to post to the topic other than the reply under the last message.

Hopefully my issues will be fixed with the next update...not too hopeful however.

smullins0053
Extra

I am having some issues with my shows that I record on DVR. It shows that they record but are not on my DVR. The only way that I can find them is to go to Menu and click search, I type in the name of the show and it will come up and that is the only way I can watch them. Anyone else having this issue?