Software Will Not Upgrade (several months)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Will Not Upgrade (several months)

ld2
Camera Crew

The Dish software will not upgrade.  We are stuck at U278, from 4/15/2017.

---

I called tech support, because "Manage My Account" no longer worked, and there was a message that an upgrade for the "My Account" software was available.  I went through the described steps to upgrade, but the upgrade was not performed.

---

I have gone through the upgrade procedure 3 times with tech support.  The last time was extremely distruptive to our household.  They had us put all the Joeys on standby by for 1.5 hours - effecting people living in four different rooms.  They did a "system reset" from their end.  The software was then supposed to automatically update itself overnight.  They had me make sure no programs were set to record, and I cancelled the two scheduled events that were set before 6:00am.  As of this morning the software still has not upgraded.  I checked the schedule, and no events were recorded from 1:00am to 6:00am.

--

At this point when I select "Manage My Account" there is an error message - "Application not found!  The requested application was not found.  Please try again later."  I guess the last tech support person removed the application to make sure it got updated.  They asked me for permission to follow along from their end while I was showing them what didn't work.

--

There has been significant incompetence with technical support.  After one of the attempted updgrades, the Receiver wan't connected to our internet service.  The tech support person said this was because the setttings got reset, and I needed to set it up again.  I said I would go find the key for the wi-fi, and I would set that back up later.  When I came back later with the key, the Receiver was connected to the internet, so nothing got reset, it just needed more time.

--

The first two technicians had me start the upgrade manually, using the same the instructions given on-screen in the "Manage My Account" issue above, by going to Settings -> Diagnostics -> Tools -> Upgrade Dish Software.

-

Dish will not send a support technician to our house to solve this problem, because it's a "software issue."

-

Dish will not send us a new/receiver hopper to solve this problem, because it's a "software issue."

Any help is appreciated.

Tags (3)
2 Replies

Re: Software Will Not Upgrade (several months)

ld2
Camera Crew

Sorry.  That's the last time the Joey updated.  The Reciever last updated in November, 2017.

Re: Software Will Not Upgrade (several months)

ld2
Camera Crew

After seeing my posts here, and some discussion via private messaging, they have now agreed to replace the DVR.