Skip backward not consistent

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip backward not consistent

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
I typically use skip forward and backward to move through commercials. I've noticed in the last few days that forward still works well (+30sec), but backward has been hit or miss. I can hit back twice, which should be 20secs back, but it will only go back about 5 secs. I can hit a few more times, then it will skip back more than the requested interval. Anyone else seeing this?
12 Replies

Re: Skip backward not consistent

Mid90sDishCustomer
Camera Crew
I have had a similar experience but in my case the skip back would go back over a minute. This is mostly a rare occurrence but still happens occasionally.

DISH Employee
Hello. Is this happening on a remote programmed to a Hopper receiver or a remote programmed to a Joey? Also, on the back of the remote should be a model number like 40.0, 50.0 or a 52.0. Can I get that number?

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
For me, this is on a Harmony remote programmed to my Hopper w/ Sling.

Has been working flawlessly for years, this is a new issue in the last few days.

DISH Employee
Since this is not Dish equipment, this could be what is causing the issue. You might try contacting Harmony to see if it is an issue happening with your model of remote. If you've had the remote for years, it could also be that the button is going out.

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
This is not a remote issue. The receiver is properly accepting the command because the screen shows the correct intervals, but the movement of the video doesn't match what is shown.

If I press the skip backward button 2 times quickly, the screen shows "-20secs", but the program may only move back 5 secs. If I push the button 4 times quickly, the screen shows "-40secs", but the program doesn't move 40 secs back.

I notice this because I use the skip forward (+30secs) to jump through commercials, then when the show starts I skip back 10-20 secs. That's when I notice that the show didn't move back to the appropriate spot when makes me have to skip a few more times.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
What happens if you do use the Dish remote? Unless it is tested, you cannot claim that’s not it. I am inclined to agree, but testing it is the first step.

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
I'll have to put some batteries in the DISH remote and test it. It's been powered down for a long time since I've used the Harmony.

Since the behavior is not consistent, it's going to be hard to test unless I just switch back to the DISH remote for a period of time. Probably not going to be worth my trouble unless it starts happening more frequently.

Morkai
Character Actor
I've been having similar issues myself lately with dish remotes. I know it's happening with the 40 and I think I've also experienced it with the 52. Often when I hit skip back it won't jump back at all or if you hit it 2 or 3 times rapidly to get it back it'll jump way back (to the beginning of the program sometimes) This may only be happening with SD programming, that's where I normally notice it.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
skip back words has never been constant was like that with hws and now the h3 too. it has nothing to do with remote used as 40.0 and 52.0 it happens with cause the issue is with the software

it all the since i had the HWS and H3 skip back has almost never actual went back 10 seconds