Sick of error 1287 and the run around about it being fixed!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of error 1287 and the run around about it being fixed!

almawisecup
Camera Crew
I’m so sick of this issue! And we’ve only been dealing with it for a couple weeks! Imagine my surprise, after being told “it should be fixed very soon”, when I found out this has been ongoing since at least Dec for some customers and still no solution! And no one cares about us as customers either! No matter how long you’ve been one and paid your outrageous bill on time! I’m seriously considering parting ways with my long time tv supplier and just getting a roku stick or something
10 Replies

Re: Sick of error 1287 and the run around about it being fixed!

DISH Employee

I absolutely understand why you would be upset with the error, almawisecup. Our Engineer Team has provided a workaround that has been successful in fixing the 1287 error on most Hopper receivers. We would want to do a Partial Reset on your Hopper receiver. A Partial Reset resets everything but DVR recordings and timers to factory defaults.

You will want to do this when you have no timers or recordings scheduled for 3 hours. Also, if you have more than one receiver, they would all need to be in Standby, except the Hopper. Here are the steps to do the Partial Reset, which need to be completed at the Hopper:

1.) Press the Home button on the Hopper remote 3 times (if you have a Menu button instead of Home, press it 2 times)

2.) Select Tools

3.) Select "RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS"

4.) Select PARTIAL RESET

5.) Select Reset on the Reset Warning pop-up

Please make sure the Joey's remain in Standby for 1 hour for the reset.

almawisecup
Camera Crew
Awesome 🙄I just tried that, and now, not only do I not have Netflix, I don’t have any apps. Not to worry though and no bother to call (it literally says that) they’re working to resolve it as quick as possible! 😠get it together dish!

DISH Employee

Hello, almawisecup. I hate to hear that is what happened after a Partial Reset. I do apologize that this has made it worse instead of better. I would like to get your other apps is working order again. Are you getting an error message when you try to access Pandora or Youtube, or are they just missing from your Menu? 

almawisecup
Camera Crew
It’s an error message. Data not available EA603

almawisecup
Camera Crew
Just tried the partial reset again. Now I have back my other apps but still no Netflix

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear you are still having issues with your Netflix App. I will submit this feedback to our Engineer Team to let them know you are still being affected by this even after doing the partial reset. 

anicegirl
Extra
I done the partial reset then upgraded my software and Netflix works fine now

almawisecup
Camera Crew
I’ve done that about a million times, still nothing 😫

Heeples
Extra
Within the last month I had to replace my main Hopper (now on my 3rd Hopper in 5 years). Old Hopper was a busted pile, but the Netflix app worked great. New Hopper, fresh out of the box? No Netflix!

It's a featured app Dish! How does it not work on your brand new equipment?

Get it fixed or start cutting prices, you're not the only game in town.