Shutting down by itself....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutting down by itself....

webelder
Costume Designer
My VIP722K....will be working just fine..all features working fine...but will just shut itself off and nothing you do will make it restart......unpluging it...reset burtton...nothing works. The front panel goes black...with only ONE indictator light remaining on...the green "tv1" light....thats it. About 30 minutes to one hour later it will restart..by itself. It has done this at least 20 times over the last few days....I did get an "overheated" warning ONE time....so I made sure cool air was available...etc...but even with the cabinet cool..it will still do this. Is the any way I can check the operating temp..??? Anything I can check?. When it finally restarts..it works like new again...lol!!! Please help....thanks.
11 Replies

Re: Shutting down by itself....

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You need a replacement.

webelder
Costume Designer
I forgot to add.....when it is working...it will stay on for only 15 to 40 minutes before shutting itself off....doesn't seem to be any pattern..just random cut off times...

webelder
Costume Designer
Thanks for the quick reply. I would love to try to fix the problem first...I have hundreds of clips and movies saved on the hard drive I don't want to loose...

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You can try and transfer stuff to an EHD if you can keep it on long enough. There is no saving the receiver though. It needs replaced.

webelder
Costume Designer
Ok...thanks. What do I do for a replacement unit...??? Is there any cost involved..?? Can a replacement be shipped FedEx so I can pick it up at a FedEx location..?? I work "on call" and can never be sure when I will be home..but I am on the road and can stop by a FedEx location between runs....or can they ship FedEx to my house without needing a signature..?? I can do the hook up by myself..have done it several times when moving.....thanks for taking to answer my questions.....

peggyrh
Associate Producer
my replacement receiver (& extra remotes I've ordered) were sent UPS & left at the door, no signature. Just call Dish & you should have it within a few days. "Install" is nothing more than connecting cable & following instructions.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Also, with the protection plan, there is no costs. Without the protection plan, it is $15 for leased equipment for shipping and handling.

webelder
Costume Designer
Ok thanks....I'll get on it in the morning. I think I have the "protection Plan"...I'll check. Who do I contact to get the replacement...what dept in particular....?? By the way...how long will I be allowed to keep the old one..??? I want to get out a buy a EHD and see how many really important saved clips and documentaries I can transfer while the old one is still kicking...??

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I would recommend PMing a rep from here. They are the ones whose names are in green. My go to has always been Matt G, however all of them are great.