cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Timers for shows not currently in Guide

justgrant2009
Character Actor
Hi all,

I recently upgraded to the Hopper 3, and in doing so, I lost all of my timers. I was smart and took photos of all of my timers so that I know which ones I had and can go back in and set them all up again.

Unfortunately, it looks like I can only set shows to record if they are airing within the week (as the guide only shows a week into the future). I have a lot of shows that are in between seasons right now and I would like to be able to set those to record (new only) when they start back up.

Is there not some way to to search for a show and set it to record; even if it's not currently airing?
11 Replies

Re: Set Timers for shows not currently in Guide

DISH Employee
How long ago was the Hopper 3 put in? It can take up to 72 hours for all features to be working correctly, and you should be able to schedule recordings up to 9 days ahead

justgrant2009
Character Actor
Thanks Tommy, but that's not what I'm asking.

I don't want to schedule something that's 9 days out.... I want to schedule something that's possibly a couple months out. Something that isn't in the guide for now...

Basically, I want to say, 'Any new episodes of this show on this channel, record them for me" but since it's not currently airing (it's between seasons right now), it's not going to appear in the guide at all.

DISH Employee
When bringing some shows up in via search, there will be an option on some that says 'Record When Available'. To search, just press the pound button on the remote, or the magnifying glass if you have the 50/52.0.

justgrant2009
Character Actor
Thanks. Does that "Record When Available" work if it's only showing a rerun of it on a different channel than the channel where it will have new episodes?

For example, Big Bang Theory airs new episodes on CBS. But TBS constantly airs reruns. Could I find it on TBS and set "Record New Only"?

Community Manager
Community Manager
I believe that it should work that way, yes.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You would just edit the timer to only record new.

justgrant2009
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
You would just edit the timer to only record new.

Even if I'm setting it on TBS, but the new episodes air on a different channel?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The way that was described above, would be a seek option. If you are setting it from a specific channel, it will only go on that channel.

stevenmac1956
Audio Engineer
Doesn't always work for series. Just won't set a up a seek. Just gives whats on the DVR.
Works for actors and movies only.
Will work for series not on your DVR.