Series Timer Recording dropping first episodes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Timer Recording dropping first episodes

Slave2Computers
Camera Crew

several times now, we have set up a timer to record a new series.

Each time, the timer drops the first few episodes.

we were not able to get the episodes on demand so we just had to miss the first part of the series or wait until it was available on-line.

We really need to find an alternative to Dish. All they seem to care about is being just a little bit better than direct tv...

21 Replies

Re: Series Timer Recording dropping first episodes

DISH Employee

Hi, Slave2Computers! I can understand why this would be frustrating. I am happy to go over a few things. Are you setting up the timer through the guide or the search option? If you go back to the daily schedule, does the timer for the program show completed or does it say it was skipped? To get to Daily Schedule, press the DVR button on your remote, then scroll to "Schedule" on the top. 

Unhappy_tv
Camera Crew
I’ve had the same problem. Got in touch with dish and they acted like I’m stupid. I am currently looking for a new provider

DISH Employee

Unhappy_tv, we don't want any of our customer to ever feel this way and we would hate to see you leave the DISH family. Are you still seeing this issue. If so, are you seeing this on a specific timer or are you seeing multiple ones? 

Unhappy_tv
Camera Crew
I’ve corrected all the ones from this week so far. It’s been on different days and networks. Most of it has been on the CW so I can’t do the prime time on demand. Also has happens on cbs. The thing that made it worse was when I messaged get help they really made me feel stupid like it was my fault
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Thank you. We certainly want to treat you, and all of our customers with respect. We always want to put you guys first. I hope that we can build that trust back with you again.

As for the timers, did you notice this issue happening to timers you had set up previously that are still active? Or has it only been on the new timers that you have set up from a certain point or time? 

Unhappy_tv
Camera Crew
It’s been on existing titles that I’ve watched and recorded for a year

DISH Employee

Any trouble with one time recordings? Have you seen any hard drive errors on your receiver? Also, can confirm what the Hopper and Joey software version is? To check this, please press the Home/Menu button three times. It will take you to a "Diagnostics" page. You will see it listed in this page at each box. 

Unhappy_tv
Camera Crew
Nothing wrong with one time recordings. No hard drive errors software version u190

DISH Employee

Thank you, is that for the Joey? If so, can you go to the Hopper and check the software version there?