Series Timer Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Timer Issues

dflem29
Costume Designer
I have a new H3wS and yesterday, for the first time, I noticed an inconsistent series timer problem with shows that run daily.

I have them setup to record as New & Reruns that has been working. Now, only some of the series recordings are not working correctly. Some are showing up on the Guide as gray, multiple series recordings that I have to Restore for it to record. The ones that are gray on the guide do not show up on the Schedule since they have been skipped by the system. I did not manually skip them.

I tried changing the timers to Daily & Monday-Friday, but that did not change their recording status on the Guide. The only way I got the timers fixed was to delete them and then set them all over again!

Also, I noticed that when resetting the timers from the Guide and I press Select to change it from New to New & Reruns, the Create a Timer screen that shows up, does NOT have the Record selection that used to be there! Now, I have to go into Timers from the DVR tabs screen to see that selection option.

Why is this now happening?
4 Replies

Re: Series Timer Issues

stevenmac1956
Costume Designer
I have seen that. For no reason I can find. I get one that was skipped for already scheduled or recorded.

DISH Employee
I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. This is an issue our engineers are aware of, and they are currently in the process of scheduling a fix. However, at this time we do not have an ETR of when that update will be available. I will flag your account as one affected by this issue so we can be sure to target it when the fix is released. Have you tried resetting the Hopper to see if the reboot fixes this issue for you?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
this like 7 month on going issue dont expect to be fixed, any time soon better to get use to babysitting your dvr timers.

It probably cause changed guide provider back then and since then never ending issue with guide and timer, there is even new issue with that been going on for 2 months that just got escalated president branch of dish csc

dflem29
Costume Designer
It happened again, only now the timer issue is worse than it was last week.

Deleting and resetting daily timers does NOT actually put them on the schedule now. They still appear greyed out, like they are a duplicate show, thus will not record unless I select restore.