Sending a PM to a D.I.R.T. member

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a PM to a D.I.R.T. member

wvricky21
Camera Crew

I am not able to figure out how to send a a PM. It was so much simpler on the old FORUM. Everything was simpler. Admittedly, I am not a Social Media addict, so I do not really get much practice. Plus, I am klutzy. I was offered a free HBO offer by a CSR because this Hopper 3 was continuously rebooting and she would not send me a replacement. She would only send a TECH, but I would have to wait 8 days for service. I was totally miffed and very vexed and annoyed because I would have to be without TV for 8 days. So I told her no. But now everything seems to be O.K., and upon retrospective reflection, I believe I really should be entitled to request the free HBO that was offered as a mitigation for my aggravation. It was only last Sunday the offer was tendered. It was a long and worrisome 8 days. But the TECH was here this morning and checked everything out. I will not hold my breath waiting for a response from a Social Media member. I had trouble getting help even on the old Forum. Maybe one of them will just accidentally stumble across this, perhaps?

3 Replies

Re: Sending a PM to a D.I.R.T. member

DISH Employee

Hi, wvricky21! We'd be happy to see about the offer for free HBO. We will need you to sen us a PM with the account information. Here are the steps to send us a PM: 

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  7. Click Send Message.

wvricky21
Camera Crew

Hi, PamelaM. Thank you. I cannot get the PM to work. I sign in and follow all directions. But it will not accept any entry into the send to space. I can type in the subject space and the main body space. But I cannot get your name to show in the send to space. Thanks. Sorry for my bad temper. I will check back later, maybe even tomorrow.

DISH Employee

Good afternoon, wvricky21. I have received your PM and replied. It should be in your Inbox. When you're signed in, you should be able to click the envelope icon at the top right corner of the screen.