Select DVD player with input button

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select DVD player with input button

dboswelljr
Extra
My remote 52.0 settings recognizes my LG DVD BD550 and inserts the code, but the buttons won't allow me to select the device when I select input. My volume button on the Dish remote will operate the sound on the TV, so I would assume that the remote recognizes my Samsung TV. This feature worked with my Hopper w/Sling and the 40.0 remote.
8 Replies

Re: Select DVD player with input button

Chadt41411
Casting Director
When you press input, what happens?

dboswelljr
Extra
nothing - it does not recognize my inputs - I press the "TV" button prior to pressing "input" so the remote will allow the TV to recognize the various inputs connected to the TV - again, this worked with my previous remote before I switched from the Hopper w/Sling to the Hopper3 and to the remote 52.

Unfirtunateky we cannot guarantee the remote will work with all third party devices. Have you tried using more than one code when programming it?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

hddn
Visual Engineer
dboswelljr wrote:
My volume button on the Dish remote will operate the sound on the TV, so I would assume that the remote recognizes my Samsung TV.

There may be a different code that works more features on your TV. I wouldn't stop at the first one that makes just the volume work.

DISH Employee
hddn wrote:
dboswelljr wrote:
My volume button on the Dish remote will operate the sound on the TV, so I would assume that the remote recognizes my Samsung TV.

There may be a different code that works more features on your TV. I wouldn't stop at the first one that makes just the volume work.

That is correct. There are cases that the codes may just work one or two functions. Maybe power and volume. You may have to try several codes to find one that works best with your unit.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
try home home settings remote control, advanced, then[b:31r1esmx][i:31r1esmx] set limited mode to off,[/i:31r1esmx][/b:31r1esmx]
this will allow you to select tv, and have full control over the tv. same with other devices,
hope this helps.

dboswelljr
Extra
JSracer wrote:
try home home settings remote control, advanced, then[b:135c9ija][i:135c9ija] set limited mode to off,[/i:135c9ija][/b:135c9ija]
this will allow you to select tv, and have full control over the tv. same with other devices,
hope this helps.

Jay - you win the prize!! How f........ simple this should have been. After well over 20 attempts to the Dish
support team, no one until Sat. had a clue - they just echoed the same "maybe you have the wrong code" feedback. The reason for the factory preset to block the "input" button is to prevent accidentally changing the input and having to call the support line, which is what Dish claims is a high percentage of their problem calls. The input button is factory programmed to operate the "recall" feature as if in "SAT mode". Try it - with the "limited mode" set to on. I did finally find this in the documentation, but I did not know where to look because the name of the setting was not descriptive of it's function.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Glad if worked!!
Sorry i didn't see this sooner. Amazing isn't it they wouldn't know this. I can only imagine the time and frustration getting the run around.

Also, the top of the remote lights between the 2 power buttons to say tv or sat. In limited mode it will blink, sat i think pushing the tv mode button for example.