Seek and dvr options

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seek and dvr options

Domchelle
Character Actor
Ok, sometimes when i try to record a series i get the seek option, sometimes the dvr option, and sometimes just says record when available, from what I'm gathering the seek option is best because it will record that show regardless of channel, and dvr only records on whatever channel you setup on. I upgraded to the hopper 3 and it seems i no longer have the seek option, when i do a search it doesn't open up like other hopper with the options to record this, record series,etc. It just lists showings and i have to click one of them, the hit record series, it only shows dvr in the type box, i then have to scroll through all the showings and set a different timer for each channel its showing on, any ideas?
7 Replies

Re: Seek and dvr options

stile99
Cinematographer
In the (several) other threads about seek not being available, the replies have been it was removed.

PREDSUE
Extra
I'm so disappointed now that I upgraded to the hopper 3 so much I could cry. Prior to the upgrade I could put in packers or Green Bay packers and it would record anything with packers in the title. Now you have to have the specific name like Packers at Redskins . Upsetting. The old remote worked so well. Another thing that this upgrade doesn't do is allow you to type in a name of a movie/show in the future and it will not except it. Here are two weekly shows that you can't save in the search remote like my other one would...The Good Doctor & Saving the World is another....I'm so disappointed, it will not allow you to seek for the future. Another thing happened I typed in the packer game tonight and it said it was recording, but could not find it. So I had to re record it again after I noticed it wasn't taping in the DVD view...please fix this. I miss my yellow button to add in a future one not listed.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
PREDSUE wrote:
I'm so disappointed now that I upgraded to the hopper 3 so much I could cry. Prior to the upgrade I could put in packers or Green Bay packers and it would record anything with packers in the title. Now you have to have the specific name like Packers at Redskins . Upsetting. The old remote worked so well. Another thing that this upgrade doesn't do is allow you to type in a name of a movie/show in the future and it will not except it. Here are two weekly shows that you can't save in the search remote like my other one would...The Good Doctor & Saving the World is another....I'm so disappointed, it will not allow you to seek for the future. Another thing happened I typed in the packer game tonight and it said it was recording, but could not find it. So I had to re record it again after I noticed it wasn't taping in the DVD view...please fix this. I miss my yellow button to add in a future one not listed.

Missing Seek and record would have nothing to do with upgrading to the H3. All Hoppers are on the same software now... since the games were being played on locals, check your PTAT folder.

Scooter29
Extra
The fact is the option is missing. Is there another way to do it or was it removed completely? If so, why was it removed? I also heavily relied on this feature. If a competitor told me they have this option that would be enough for me to consider switching. Dish, you must not realize how important this feature is.

RPAshley1317
Extra
It was not removed. I have some shows set up as seek... I am trying to figure out why the option shows up sometimes and doesn't at other times... I do know it's still there though!!

addowell
Extra
The option isn't missing I just don't believe you can change it to seek now. I just had the Hopper3 installed today and ended up here because I didn't know why some of my shows were coming up seek instead of DVR.

DISH Employee

Seek generally shows up if a show or movie isn't airing right now, but it'll save a timer in case it does in the future. 

You should also still be able to record all Packers games. If you search for Packers and select Green Bay Packers under Sports, it'll give you the option to "Record All Events".