Seek and dvr options

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Seek and dvr options

joe_wht
Character Actor

I'm in your situation.  I have setup some that showed SEEK.

I remember my search item name did not show any date/time schedule that the hopper could Pin Down as a DVR event.. so it set it to "Record When Available"/ SEEK.. to record at anytime.

When I've tried again and I BELIEVE the hopper did not have the name/Title/ search term it did not offer any seek nor DVR.

SO... I'm thinking the hopper has a Storage/BASE of titles it has to access.

When it tags the title, it then looks for a date/time to attach it to.

if there's not a set tme.. it'll give us a Record when Av /seek

Highlighted

Please add the feature back in its original version. It was a feature that I used very often.  Another bad decision by the Dish staff.

DISH Employee

Hello jamescthompson. I will be delighted to share your desire for the original version of this features with our Engineering Team for consideration. We are constantly working to be tuned into you to provide you with the best customer experience.

MattE303
Extra

@JasmineD wrote:

Hello jamescthompson. I will be delighted to share your desire for the original version of this features with our Engineering Team for consideration. We are constantly working to be tuned into you to provide you with the best customer experience.

I just replaced my 722k with a Hopper3 and like everyone else, I'm extremely disappointed with the very limited capabilities of Seek timers in the new dvr. With my 722k I could create a 'seek' (DISH Pass) timer for any manually entered text, whether or not it matched anything currently in the guide data. This functionality was/is VERY important!

Please fix the Seek timers in the Hopper software to include the ability to:

1. Create a Seek timer for any entered search text, whether or not it shows up in search results!

2. Manually edit the search text for an existing Seek timer.

3. It would be nice if an existing DVR timer could be converted to a Seek timer.

This functionality worked great in our old 722k, it can't be that hard to add it to the Hopper software. Please make it happen!

Gina
Character Actor
I’m assuming the seek and record feature still hasn’t been fixed? I upgraded about six months ago and I HATE this new hopper. There are two things that were removed that are so irritating I will leave DISH as soon as my contract is up! Fix the inability to seek and record shows/movies that don’t appear in the search. The record when available option is the whole point of having a DVR.

Also, I used to be able to swap between two shows and it would hold both channels in memory for 24 hours or longer if desired. Now it can only be done on the hopper not the tv’s with joey’s. The picture in picture only works on the hopper and not the joey. Is this how you rip people off, by forcing them to rent all hoppers versus joey’s? I mean really, picture in picture has been around for 25 years, all TVs do it and you purposely restrict it to the equipment that costs more money! I upgraded specifically to have more tuners then you remove the option that allows me to watch multiple tuners, and no recording on two tuners doesn’t work because you can’t flip back and forth while pausing to hold your place on each channel. Thanks for the crappy upgrade DISH!

DISH Employee

Hello Gina. I would love to help clarify the features you're concerned with. Can you please send me a private message so we can review the model Hopper we are working with? 

Steps to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039