Second joey

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second joey

So I added a wireless joey about 2 weeks ago and called in today to order a second. They are telling me a tech has to come out to install the joey and will not ship it like they did the first one. Customer service was unable to explain why a tech had to install . They did say I can purchase one at a retail loacation then install it myself. Things aren't making sense.
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Second joey

Chadt41411
Casting Director

Any leased equipment that isn't a 1 for 1 trade, ordered directly from Dish requires a tech for installation. If you go through a 3rd party or retailers, you can order a leased or purchased WJ that they will ship to you.

I ordered the first one through dish and they shipped it and the WAP no problem. Called today to get another and now they say I need to have a tech install it. This is why I'm confused.

DISH Employee
If the warehouse is currently out of stock, local retailers and local hubs would still have wireless Joeys, thus it would require a tech to install (from the local hub) instead of being shipped from the warehouse.

Ok but what is the reason a tech needs to install the second one when I installed the first

peggyrh
Associate Producer
None, other than Dish can charge you $95 for the tech visit. I bought mine because I wasn't willing to pay for something I could do myself in 5 minutes (and didn't want to extend my contract). You were lucky they didn't require installation for the first one, I was told it was required.