Searching program information

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching program information

davidbcrow
Character Actor
Just got a replacement receiver (Hopper 3) . Still getting used to searching and setting timers but how do you search not just the name of the program but also the program information?

Also, what does the "jump" button do? Can't get my swap button to go between more than two channels, on my old receiver I had access to 4 of the 5. (Have a super joey in bedroom)
5 Replies

Re: Searching program information

DISH Employee
With the Hopper 3 you have many ways to search! With the Smart Search, you can find content by the title of a movie, TV show or by actor name. Results will include live, recorded, On Demand, and Netflix results. When you reference the Jump Button, what are you talking about? Is it on the actual remote or through the receiver?

davidbcrow
Character Actor
The jump button is on the receiver itself.

With the old receiver I could hit swap and watch/pause/rewind 4 of my 5 tuners. (hopper + super joey), now it only works with 2 tuners. Any ideas?

The description of a basketball game included "MS St". I searched for that and it came up with nothing, I was going to set it to seek and record like on the old receiver so any game we played would automatically record. Don't know how to do that now. That's why the original question.

Thanks for the help/

davidbcrow
Character Actor
what exactly are you calling smart search. Using old remote if that matters...

DISH Employee
The jump button on old UI used to bring up TV activity, new UI it has no function. For the basketball game you were searching for what is the actual Team name?

davidbcrow
Character Actor
Mississippi state

also unless things are recording I cant hit my red button to use free tuners. on old receiver I could select an available tuner and assign a channel to that, now it goes back to programming and leaves tuner unused. cant swap between more than 2 channels unless recordimgs are using some or all tuners.