Search function only searches channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search function only searches channels

sea43
Character Actor
I can't search for titles of shows and movies because it only wants to search for channels. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Thank you.
6 Replies

Re: Search function only searches channels

DISH Employee
sea43 wrote:
I can't search for titles of shows and movies because it only wants to search for channels. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Thank you.

What is the model of your receiver?

sea43
Character Actor
JessicaR wrote:
sea43 wrote:

It's a just a Hopper not the Hopper 3. Is that what what you mean? Sorry, it's new and I'm not too tech savvy.

DISH Employee
sea43 wrote:
JessicaR wrote:
sea43 wrote:

It's a just a Hopper not the Hopper 3. Is that what what you mean? Sorry, it's new and I'm not too tech savvy.

When you click on the Search option in the Main Menu, is your Filters selected on All Contents. To check such, please click on the Red button while on the Search screen.

sea43
Character Actor
LailaS, I just tried it and now I can search for titles but I think they're only for the dvr? When I clicked on the red button, it only gave me the options to look on Netflix and Spanish. I put them both on off but I'm still getting the same results. I don't see where I can search for "all contents."

chettwer123
Character Actor

I'm having the same problem.  The search funciton only brings up channels.  It was fine last week and searched shows and movies.  The "options" button only brings up netfix and spanish with an option for ON or OFF.  

DISH Employee

I will be happy to submit that feedback to our engineering department on your behalf as well so we have more information. Send me a private message with your phone number and four digit security pin and we can get that submitted.