Search function not finding programming

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search function not finding programming

BlueRidgePro
Camera Crew
There is some programming that my hopper system will not find via the 'search' function. I can move forward several days in the guide and find the programming, however entering the partial or full program name in search does not find it, neither does trying any possible keywords.

A current example: "PGA Tour Golf" - on every week, 4 days Thu-Sun on the Golf Channel (401). It's in the guide, but not found by any search means that I try.

I used to be able to find it, but that ability went away a couple of weeks ago.

I called customer support twice, and was put through the whole 'system reset & wait 3 days' script. It got me off of the phone, but did nothing to solve the problem. The guide is fine - the search is defective!

Searching the Internet find similar complaints going back to 2012. I cannot imagine that Dish has not fixed the problem in 5 years...
2 Replies

Re: Search function not finding programming

stile99
Cinematographer
BlueRidgePro wrote:
There is some programming that my hopper system will not find via the 'search' function. I can move forward several days in the guide and find the programming, however entering the partial or full program name in search does not find it, neither does trying any possible keywords.

A current example: "PGA Tour Golf" - on every week, 4 days Thu-Sun on the Golf Channel (401). It's in the guide, but not found by any search means that I try.

I called customer support twice, and was put through the whole 'system reset & wait 3 days' script. It got me off of the phone, but did nothing to solve the problem. The guide is fine - the search is defective!

Searching the Internet find similar complaints going back to 2012. I cannot imagine that Dish has not fixed the problem in 5 years...

I don't know what the search button searches, but I can tell you what it DOESN'T search. The guide.

Seriously. I know, it's the very definition of counter-intuitive, but go to your Hopper and do a search for the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Here it is February, and results come up. Obviously, the record button changes to "record when available", because it's not available in the current guide data. Nor will it be for about 9 months.

Re: Search function not finding programming

BlueRidgePro
Camera Crew
stile99 wrote:
BlueRidgePro wrote:

I don't know what the search button searches, but I can tell you what it DOESN'T search. The guide.

Seriously. I know, it's the very definition of counter-intuitive, but go to your Hopper and do a search for the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Here it is February, and results come up. Obviously, the record button changes to "record when available", because it's not available in the current guide data. Nor will it be for about 9 months.

Interesting & true! Whatever it searches, it fails to find some programs that are clearly in the guide.

Hard to understand how, in these days of user interface and search technology, Dish can present us with such a poor program search function.

I've been a customer of both Tivo and DTV and found their search functions much better. I'm surprised that there isn't more customer noise about it. Maybe I'm the only victim :)