Search for OnDemand Content

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for OnDemand Content

CactusJack
Character Actor
I have a Hopper with Sling. When I search for a particular show, the found list does not have OnDemand episodes, even though I know they exist in the OnDemand listing. It seems like it used to include OnDemand, but I can't say for certain. All filters are set to "All." Is there any way to search OnDemand content?
10 Replies

Re: Search for OnDemand Content

VanessaK
Camera Crew
Hello. What are you searching for? Has the receiver skipped any nightly updates? If so, it can cause outdated guide information, outdated software, issues with DVR timers and graphics, etc.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
CactusJack wrote:
I have a Hopper with Sling. When I search for a particular show, the found list does not have OnDemand episodes, even though I know they exist in the OnDemand listing. It seems like it used to include OnDemand, but I can't say for certain. All filters are set to "All." Is there any way to search OnDemand content?

Are they showing up in the listings as a show to record? If t is available in the next 9 days and on demand, it will not give the OD option.

CactusJack
Character Actor
I found a thread here detailing how to initiate a software update, and did that. The Hopper restarted, but nothing had changed, but when I turned on the Hopper an hour or two later, it had the new UI. Software version is now U228. Previously, it was S something; 224, I think.

A search for a show now DOES show On Demand episodes; however, it does not exactly match what is listed when you open the On Demand menu, and find that show. For example, a search for "Grimm," a series currently airing on NBC, shows one upcoming episode: Season 6 episode 5, and two On Demand episodes: Season 6 episodes 1 & 2. If I find Grimm in the On Demand menu (tedious at best, because the shows are not in alphabetical order), it shows THREE On Demand episodes: Season 6 episodes 1, 2, & 3.

Another question: My Hopper is connected to my network via hard-wired Ethernet; the update apparently changed my configuration to use WiFi. I can't seem to find how to change it back to using hard-wired Ethernet. Anyone know how to do this?

BrianL
Character Actor
The Hopper w/Sling should recognize both connections and use the better. On a 40.0 remote, Check this by Pressing Menu, Settings, Internet, Bottom left it should show Network Connection OK, Type Ethernet, IP address - and Wireless Connected and disabled. Network Details should also confirm Ethernet connectivity. If you have a 52.0 or 50.0 remote, same selections, but you would start by selecting the Home button, then Menu, Settings, Internet. -Brian L-

CactusJack
Character Actor
BrianL wrote:
The Hopper w/Sling should recognize both connections and use the better. On a 40.0 remote, Check this by Pressing Menu, Settings, Internet, Bottom left it should show Network Connection OK, Type Ethernet, IP address - and Wireless Connected and disabled. Network Details should also confirm Ethernet connectivity. If you have a 52.0 or 50.0 remote, same selections, but you would start by selecting the Home button, then Menu, Settings, Internet. -Brian L-

It shows Connection OK, Connection Type Wi-Fi. This is how I found that it's using Wi-Fi. Is there no way to force a wired connection? Maybe by disabling Wi-Fi? But I don't find any way to do either.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
try setting the wifi password for a bad password & it will not connect - then it's forced to use Ethernet.

CactusJack
Character Actor
peggyrh wrote:
try setting the wifi password for a bad password & it will not connect - then it's forced to use Ethernet.

That didn't work. Now it says Connection Type Wi-Fi, Network Connection "Router Not Detected."

peggyrh
Associate Producer
maybe a reboot? it should pick up the Ethernet connection without wifi if the password is bad that's how it's worked in the past.

CactusJack
Character Actor
Well I kept on playing with it, repeatedly running "Reset Network," and eventually it picked up the wired Ethernet. The Network Connection still shows "Wi-Fi," but Network Details shows the Ethernet port in use now, whereas it didn't previously. I randomly selected an On Demand show, and it downloaded successfully. Weird stuff.

Any other comments on the Search and On Demand behavior?