Screensaver on receiver causes no TV auto-off

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screensaver on receiver causes no TV auto-off

Heavyjunk77
Extra

Tv won’t auto off due to inactivity because when the dish receiver goes into to standby because it puts out a signal with the screensaver. So lame.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Screensaver on receiver causes no TV auto-off

DISH Employee

Hi, Heavyjunk77! Most TV's have a sleep timer you can set up that will turn off the TV after a certain amount of time. You are always able to refer to your TV owners manual to set this up, so when the receivers turns off due to inactively, your TV will turn off as well. The screensaver our DISH equipment is unable to be disabled. 

7 Replies

DISH Employee

Hi, Heavyjunk77! Most TV's have a sleep timer you can set up that will turn off the TV after a certain amount of time. You are always able to refer to your TV owners manual to set this up, so when the receivers turns off due to inactively, your TV will turn off as well. The screensaver our DISH equipment is unable to be disabled. 

Hi,
So I'm having the opposite problem.. I need a screen saver because I just bought an OLED TV. The screen saver can definitely be disabled. I know this because I've never had one on my Hopper 3. I'm trying to figure out how to turn it on.. Any help would be greatly appreciate..

DISH Employee

Hello magicsean2626, if you are referring to the screensaver on the TV, you might have to contact the Manufacture for assistance. Otherwise, if referring to the receiver, I can assist with that. 

I'm referring to the receiver. The LG OLED does have a screen saver built in, but it only works when streaming content like, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Google Play etc... But when I pause the Dish, the image remains the same.

DISH Employee

I can help you with that. There is no way to disable the Inactivity Standby but, you can set it to 8 hours. This may be why you have never seen it. You can shorten it through your settings. Go ahead and visit here: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/set-preferences/set-display and click the remote you have. Once you have selected your remote scroll down to Power Settings and it will walk you through how to shorten the length of Inactivity Timeout. Let me know if that helps, magicsean2626.

This not what I was talking about. I'm looking to have a screen saver so when I pause the TV, I don't get a burn in on my screen.. What you are referring to is power saving, and the shortest amount is 2h. Directv has one, so it would make sense that Dish would have one as well. With people buying higher end OLED televisions, this seems pretty obvious as a $2500 television shouldn't have to worry about screen burn in.

DISH Employee

Thank you for the clarification. This would be the closest thing that we have to a screen saver and the lowest amount of time we have in 2 hours. You can force your Hopper into this Inactivity Standby sooner by pressing the power button. This is a great suggestion for the future. I will go ahead a forward your feedback to see if we can get that implemented.