Screen View During Fast Forward

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen View During Fast Forward

philziggy
Character Actor
Currently when you Fast Forward there is a banner across the bottom of the screen blocking the view of the program. If you press "Cancel" while Fast Forwarding, there are banners across both the top and bottom. This is a major problem if Fast Forwarding through a sporting event where the "scoreboard" is often displayed. Sports fans often want to Fast Forward through parts of games, and during this want to see the full screen without any banners. So PLEASE change this such that when in Fast Forward pressing "Cancel" takes away all banners and shows the program full screen. Thanks!
5 Replies

Re: Screen View During Fast Forward

DISH Employee
I have tested this in our DISH offices and I see the it seems like it wants to have full screen but then the bar comes back. I will get this reported to see what our engineers say.

20YearCustomer
Character Actor
Mike H. wrote:

I will get this reported to see what our engineers say.

OK, it's been over 2 weeks now.

What did they say?

We want this fixed.

This one appears to be by design and cannot be changed. Just did some testing myself
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

20YearCustomer
Character Actor
Matt G wrote:
This one appears to be by design and cannot be changed.
Just did some testing myself

Matt,

were you told by the engineers that it cannot be changed?

or appears to you?

20YearCustomer wrote:
Matt,

were you told by the engineers that it cannot be changed?

or appears to you?

There is no option in the menus to change this and pressing BACK/CANCEL on the remote did not get rid of it. I do not know if the older new UI software did this but I assume so. DISH does not make the software (for now), Echostar does.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator