Screen Saver

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Saver

Lindy16
Character Actor

Why is there no screen saver Dish?  Seems every other provider has a screen saver, even my Amazon box has a screen saver.  I pause my TV often.  Now my screen has some burned in images.  I'm leaving DISH soon as my contract is up.  

Tags (2)
6 Replies

Re: Screen Saver

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Dish has a screen saver. It comes on when you are inactive based on your inactivity standby timer. 2 hours is the least, and off is the most. Also comes on when you hit the power button on your remote.

Lindy16
Character Actor

2 hours is too long!  When I pause the tv for up to 45 minutes I would like the screen to either go black or a screen saver.  My tv now has burned in images because I frequently pause the tv.  Prior to Dish I had Uverse which was amazing, wish I never left.  

comp-joe
Camera Crew

Screen burn-in?!  I haven't seen that issue on TVs for quite some time. Are you using a tube type TV? My 55" is 7-8 years old. My 42" is about eleven. Neither have burn in and I'll pause stuff and not come back for an hour or more.

If your TV is susceptible to burn-in, when you press the pause button and you think you might be away for more than a few minutes, just press the "TV" power button as well.

Lindy16
Character Actor

I have a 55" Plasma TV.  

Lindy16
Character Actor

Also if I pressed the TV power button I would lose the content wouldn't I?  

Chadt4141
Casting Director
If you turn the TV off but leave the receiver on, then no.