Satellite 129 strength

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite 129 strength

sbaker1208
Extra

I have stellite 110 and 119 and 129 was missing and and most of my HD channels was missing except my local. Today I did the status check and 129 was back but the strenght is 10 to 35 and my Hd channels keeps lossing signal and channging to SD, Code 015A.

We had some strong winds a couple of weeks ago could have done something to the dish? 

4 Replies

Re: Satellite 129 strength

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Depending on how mounted, and how strong the winds, it can definitely loosen things up and cause exactly that issue.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

The reason why the dish has 'skew' is because the sats are in different locations above the equator because of curvature of the earth. 110 is high, 119 is medium and because 129 is above the 129 longitude, [over the Pacific Ocean] it is 'low' in the sky and hardest to get a good signal. You might be able to get a better signal by turning the dish to the right but ONLY 1/8" on the pole. The further to the right you move the dish, the less signal from 110 Move it too much and you will lose signal from 110

Signal strength only measures the channel that is on the receiver. To measure signal strength of each sat, place the receiver on a channel of each sat. It has to be done 3 separate times.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
You can check signal strength without changing channels. Just have to select the different satellite and transponder on Point Dish.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

^^^^^^^

I have a 211k and that procedure doesn't work. If I do a 6-1-1 and I'm on channel 105, it's for for the 119 sat, I get that signal strength. If I want to get a 110 signal strength, the signal strength doesn't change. I have to go back and actually pick a 110 channel to see the 110 signal strength. It would stand to reason that if the receiver is on a 119 channel, you're not going to get the signal strength of other sats if you're not using [tuned to ] them. If I want to know if the receiver is receiving a signal from the 110 sat, the receiver has to be set to a 110 channel.