Rewind Live TV on 2 Channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewind Live TV on 2 Channels

LL88
Character Actor

On the Hopper 3 when your in MultiView, can you rewind live TV on any of those screens? In other words, you have 4 screens active all streaming live TV shows, you highlight each screen activating volume, but then can you rewind it? And rewind it up to an hour? Dish TV customer service could not clarify this.

Also, on the Hopper with Sling using the remote 40.0, it has a button called "Swap" in the lower left corner of the remote, and if you use this you can "swap" between 2 channels and rewind each of those channels up to one hour (I tested this with my Mom's Hopper with Sling). Direct TV call this "Double Play". Does the Hopper 3 have this feature? Dish remotes 50.0, 52.0 and 54.0 do not show any "swap' button on it and I can't find any information on how to activate that feature of swapping between channels and having the ability to rewind each said channel. I do not want to record, I just want to rewind live TV. Dish allows 1 hour of rewind, Direct TV allows 1 hour 30 minutes rewind of live TV.

I could find no answers online, in forums, on video, the 138 page Dish user manual online, and Dish customer service was vague, some said you could, others said you could not, or only the Hopper with Sling has this. I have even tried to find a showroom that has a Hopper 3 to test out, but no luck there yet. I wish someone at Dish would physically test this out. And if its gone and only in the Hopper with Sling, why get rid of this? This is an important feature. Sometime you just want to keep track of whats going on on 2 channels and not record them, Direct TV has this. Thank  you.

4 Replies

Re: Rewind Live TV on 2 Channels

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The input button on the 50.0 and above will be the same as the swap.

LL88
Character Actor

Thank you for your quick response about the Hopper 3! The input button on most remotes traditionally, is to switch between other connected device modes for the tv, so what does the 50.0 and above remotes use to switch say to my PS4?

And since the input button swaps between 2 live TV feeds to retain the rewind capacity, is this true for MultiView as well? Would that be for all screens active (4) or only 2 you would be able to swap between and rewind those?

I assume you have tested these option on the Hopper 3 and the bottom line for me is I just want to have the continued option to rewind live TV on 2 different channels, If I can rewind 4 screens in MultiView that would be quite a boon! Please keep in mind this concern arises for me when i studied your newer remotes and found they had so few buttons it was hard to discern all the features each button is capable of.

One last thing, if you work for Dish you may want ask them to make available this information in the online manual, and shoot a Dish wide memo out the customer service and tech support departments informaing them of this feature too, due to 3 to 4 reps I spoke with were quite unsure if this was even possible. Again thanks for your clarification.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Let me start with the only people who work for Dish, are in orange.

The input button in sat mode swaps. The input button in TV mode will switch the TV inputs. He 50.0+ buttons are multipurpose buttons. The 54.0 you can even designate two keys to your liking(there is a diamond and double diamond.).

LL88
Character Actor

Oh yes thank you, i did look into those diamond keys and had forgotten that there was an input choice to assign those buttons to! That will be a big help to when I lock the rest of the buttons on the side of the remote as to not to accidentally use them! Again, thanks for clarifying the use of the input button. Being able to watch two Live TV channels and rewind them with out recording them has turned out to be a bigger deal to me and a deal breaker when I was deciding to move to Dish. I have an install appointment coming soon!