Rewind Live TV after watching a recorded show

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewind Live TV after watching a recorded show

bwbmom
Extra

When I had Directv I could have a channel playing in the background while I watched a DVR/Recorded show and after I stopped the recording I could go and rewind live tv for as long as the tv had been on that channel in the background. With Dish I can't! If I have live tv on in background while watching a recording and then go back to live tv it will not rewind past where it is. This is not a good feature! Please tell me how to set it up to be able to do this. I have the Hopper 3.

5 Replies

Re: Rewind Live TV after watching a recorded show

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You cannot do that. The buffer is only on when you have that channel live.

stile99
Cinematographer
While I am of the opinion that the always-on buffer that it seems every other DVR has would be nice, in practical terms I'm not sure how it would be expected to work with 16 tuners. Assuming a 30 minute buffer, that's 8 hours that's never available for recording. The number only goes up if each buffer is expected to keep all of whatever is currently on, 16 tuners buffering a two hour movie each adds up REAL fast.

bwbmom
Extra
seems it should be able to do it if not all 16 are being used!

I just switched from DirecTV and am very disappointed that the Dish DVR is lacking this functionality. Seriously. DirecTV has been doing this for years. The active, live TV channel is always recording and you can rewind for a considerable length of time. It’s not that tough. The Dish dvr forces you to live TV after you exit watching a recorded show even if you were watching a show on the same channel and just watching live and Not playing from the dvr. Basically, it sucks and needs to be fixed. It’s broken. I am starting to wish I’d stayed with DirecTV

JohnJ
Extra

I agree.  This issue needs to be fixed.  My wife complains about it almost daily.  Direct's DVR offered the feature, as did my Comcast DVR.  Seems logical it would be easy to include on any DVR.