cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Dept. (Acct. managers)

sknightmd1
Extra

Hello,

I just wanted to report a recent positive experience with a DishNetwork representative.  I began having issues with my wireless joeys not connecting to my wireless service in January and subsequently twice more over the last five months.  Each time, except the last time, on June 22, 2018, I was able to reconnect my wireless Joeys to my service by phone.  This was not the case on June 22.  The first service appointment offered to me was for June 27 (five days later).  I declined that appointment in favor of trying to continue to work through my connection issues and called back on Tuesday, 6/26 to request an in-home appointment.  At that point, the earliest appointment I could get was on Saturday, June 30 at which point my service outage would have been ongoing for eight (8) days.  At that point, I asked to cancel my account because I was furious and had already called another provider for installation on Wednesday, 6/27.  I was escalated to a customer relations agent, who, frankly, was incredibly non-supportive and rude telling me the costs involved in terminating the account and questioning me about my intention to pay. 

Finally, in my escalating anger, he transferred me to a woman named Jennifer in the President's office for assistance.  She effectively listened to me rant about my issues, explained that DISH was definitely the better service and that other customers, including herself, had reported connectivity issues with the Wireless Joeys.  She agreed to work toward an earlier service appointment but could not make any guarantees.  She worked with me tirelessly until I was satisfied with her response to attempt to secure an earlier appointment and assured me I would be notified as soon as she could confirm.  I received an email late Tuesday night on 6/26 to notify that an installer would be at my house to fix my issues the next morning by 8am.  The installer arrived at 7:55am on Wednesday, 6/27 and successfully corrected my issues.  

This is a great example of how good customer service and retention SHOULD work.  I was really ready to cancel my service and be done with DISH, but Jennifer's efforts convinced me to give her company another shot.  She should be highly commended on retaining my account.  

1 Reply

Re: Retention Dept. (Acct. managers)

DISH Employee

Hello sknightmd1. Thank you for taking the time to post your story and we are so glad that Jennifer was able to get everything resolved for you. I will definitely pass your feedback regarding her interaction on to management. We understand that technical issues can be frustrating to deal with and appreciate your patience and sticking with us. Don't hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can assist with!