Repost:Managing recordings...disappearing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repost:Managing recordings...disappearing

tmvaz
Character Actor
I have the Hopper 3. I set it up with various folders to hold my recordings. Everything worked fine for about a month, then one day, when I went to move a recording from one folder to another, all the Prime Time recorded shows would vanish as soon as I went into "manage recordings" mode. Everything not recorded during prime time or on non "network" channels is fine. As soon as I leave "manage recording " mode, the network shows reappear. The timers are set up to automatically put the recordings into various folders, and that works fine. Just happens in "manage recordings" mode with network shows.
Anyone else having this problem? I contacted DISH support twice about it, and was given the standard "we'll pass it along to tech support and you will get a system update," but nothing has changed.
10 Replies

Re: Managing recordings...disappearing

DISH Employee
To check into this fully for you, how many folders do you have setup? Are the recordings protected when this happens? Can you provide me some of the titles that were affected by the manage recordings?

JSracer
Audio Engineer
this drove me nuts too, so i turned ptat to 1 channel 1 night that i never watch and save only 2 days.
no folder problems since, except multiple manual recordings for the same show.

tmvaz
Character Actor
I have determined that it only happens to shows recorded and saved from Prime time anytime. I have them saved into one of 5 folders I have set up. If I go into that folder and select "manage recordings" in the options menu, all of the shows recorded during Prime Time anytime will vanish. They reappear when I back out of the menu. They play back just fine. I just want to select certain shows to move them to a different folder. Network shows recorded [b:367v4of1]outside[/b:367v4of1] of Prime Time don't disappear. I have called technical support and done tech chat support and the final response is always, "This will be sent to the tech support department and will be fixed in a future software update." Nothing has changed.
Hope this helps!

tmvaz
Character Actor
JSracer wrote:
this drove me nuts too, so i turned ptat to 1 channel 1 night that i never watch and save only 2 days.

I am not sure what you are describing here. Can you clarify in detail?

JSracer
Audio Engineer
tmvaz wrote:
JSracer wrote:

I am not sure what you are describing here. Can you clarify in detail?

sure, sorry for the delay.
for me, ptat, i have set saturday night on channel 9, and set to keep for 2 days, everything else prime time that i want to record is set from timers,
the other folder issue. tmz at 630pm has changed names in the guide and i set a manual timer, monday-friday, for 30 minutes. Now, if there are more than 1, the show folder can not be entered, or only shows 1 recording, something funny like that, you can play the last recording by putting the cursor over it and hitting play from the main dvr screen. hope that makes sense.

Re: Repost:Managing recordings...disappearing

tmvaz
Character Actor
Still no resolution to this problem! Only one response from Dish Network and no follow up??

DISH Employee
Are the recordings also protected when this happens? What are some of titles/networks of the recordings this is happening on?

tmvaz
Character Actor
This happens to any show saved from Prime Time Anytime from any of the four networks. It doesn’t happen to network shows [u:2kcp3eqq]not[/u:2kcp3eqq] in Prime Time (late night shows for example). It doesn’t happen to any shows from any other channels outside of the “major networks�. Yes, the recordings are protected.
I should also say that after about 8 days, they are suddenly able to be moved the way they are supposed to. I suspect it has something to do with the “hopper� commercial skip that only appears on CBS and Fox shows after 8 days, but it affects ALL network shows until 8 days have passed. I simply want to move the shows from one folder to another or move them to an external hard drive as the Hopper was designed.

Loafie2
Extra
Wish I had a solution, but at least wanted to note that I have the exact same issue. As mentioned it worked fine for a while until an update last year. Now anything saved on the DVR from prime time anytime cannot be moved to a different folder. the first week it was recorded. Tech support was no help and they said they would escalate but I heard nothing. Would really like Dish to look into this issue.