Remotes Wear Out Fast

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotes Wear Out Fast

adamselene42
Extra

I think the remotes wear out WAY too fast.  We bought one less than a year ago and now half the buttons are unresponsive.  Is there any kind of warranty on the remotes?  Also, they are over priced.

5 Replies

Re: Remotes Wear Out Fast

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They are $20, how is that overpriced?

As far as how fast they wear out, will be based entirely on the user. I have multiple from years ago, in addition to the 50.0 52.0 and 54.0 remotes and none of them have worn out. I have had each since inception, on multiple units.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

A TV remote is like any other electronic piece of equipment. You can get a lemon that lasts 6 months or one that lasts forever. TV remotes are readily available on Ebay.

adamselene42
Extra

Perhaps, but this is the third one we’ve had to buy in two years and I’m talking about the Dish remote that costs $25 plus shipping of $10.00,not just a tv remote.  So we didn’t just get a lemon.  They need to make them last longer and have some freaking quality control.  They probably cost fifty cents to make.  It’s bad enough we have to pay outrageous rates for programming, over half of which we don’t watch and don’t want, but then the cheap crappy remotes quit working after e few months. Streaming services are looking better and better.

adamselene42
Extra

They cost $25.00 plus shipping, which makes them $35.00 in total.   When the cheap flimsy thing’s buttons won’t work after three or four months and you have to pay yet another $35.00 that gets expensive.  Especially after paying through the nose for a whole bunch of channels 50% of which I don’t want, but have to pay for to get a handful of channels I do want to watch.  I know they’re cheap flimsy things that likely cost Dish about $1.50, but c’mon they should make them last longer.  I’ve seen better built things come out of a Cracker Jack Box or in a happy meal at McDonald’s for gods sake.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/products/remotes-accessories

They are $20, and they are actually one of the best service remotes I’ve used. Like I said, I have had multiple remotes with multiple boxes over several years. They work as well as the user allows them. As far as programming, go ahead and blame the party responsible. Channels are arranged contractually by the channel owners, since the channels owners are paid per subscriber per month. They do not care if you watch, only that you subscribe. Fish actually had an a la carte service before, and the channel owners now demand bundled carriage. The same channel owners have even made multiple statements that if they go to a la carte, they will raise the prices to a ridiculous level. For instance, ESPN Bob Iger(Disney) says that he will charge $20 for just ESPN. Look at CBS, they charge $7. Then you have the religious and shopping channels that actually reduce your cost by paying to be carried. That is right, they subsidize your viewing.