cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Remote Swap

OldManOBIE
Camera Crew

I have the Hopper with Sling. It came with the 54.0 remote. Can I safely use the 40.0 remote with it?

Tags (1)
2 Replies

Re: Remote Swap

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Yes, although I believe it has to be IR only. I could be mistaken on that, and the limitation to IR only is with the 21 and 32 series.

Re: Remote Swap

cjjoey
Camera Crew

I just joined the forum and saw your post.  I have the Hopper 3 with sling; a 4k Joey and a Joey 2.  I have all 3 remotes ...ie the old 40.0; the 52.0 and the 54.0 .  They all work fine and I have them all paired to the same receiver.  For me, I like and use the old 40.0  because it has separate buttons for different functions and it just seems to me to be easier to find buttons.  I wanted to "like " the 54.0 because of the voice feature and the backlight on the remote. But...   I tune into You Tube alot and the voice feature doesn't work there (where I really wanted it).  Voice works on the SONY remote that came with the TV, and I use it to do  voice searches on You Tube.  Also, the light on the 54.0 remote stays on for such a short period of time that I find that feature almost useless. I know that you can "customize" a couple of buttons on the 54.0..  but for me I see no real advantages and I can navigate quicker with the "old" 40.0