cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Remote 54 - Play/Pause Button Doesn't Work On Netflix

atom0s
Extra

Like many others have mentioned in the past, the newer Remote 54 does not properly function while using Netflix.

The Play/Pause button does not work at all. Instead, you are forced to use the Select button which makes no sense at all.

There has been topics for this for months now and the same response has been given over and over. "Our engineers are working on a solution for this" blah blah. How hard is it to fix a button on a remote that it has taken months and still nothing has fixed this? The old remotes work fine, and even various apps for phones can control it without issue. Yet this new "amazing" remote is basically junk.

Along with the recent price hikes, DirectTV is looking better and better every day. 

5 Replies

Re: Remote 54 - Play/Pause Button Doesn't Work On Netflix

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Directv raises their price just as often, except their increases are on average, significantly higher and they don’t have Netflix. It would be like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

We have the 54.0 remote and my wife watches Netflix a lot.  I just asked her and she say the pause button works fine when watching Netflix.

andimoia
Extra

just another reason to LEAVE Dish!  

goorange
Extra

Just got the new Hopper with 54.0 remote and am baffled why I can't control Netflix programming, as with other sat. programming, with the play/pause button.  Has DISH even acknowledged this issue?

andimoia
Extra

No.

But I found if you go through Netflix instead of calling up the programs it does work most of the time.