Remote 54.0 will not turn Hopper on & off

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote 54.0 will not turn Hopper on & off

Rmar71
Extra
Paired new remote with Hopper and also with TV. It works everything on both - but - it will not turn Hopper receiver on and off. I've tried pushing the Sat button - when I push the silver button at top left the TV turns on or off but nothing happens to the Hopper.
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Remote 54.0 will not turn Hopper on & off

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
The remote will turn the tv off. There is a 5 minute countdown. This is by design.
13 Replies

stile99
Cinematographer
Yeah, this has already been discussed and debunked. It turns the Hopper off after 5 minutes. I'd link to the post, but it was literally the most recent one in this forum before you posted, it's not hard to find.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
The remote will turn the tv off. There is a 5 minute countdown. This is by design.

ZXNasty
Camera Crew

Why was this done, this seems like a glaring oversight for anybody that has more than 1 device plugged into their TV. Just let me turn off my receiver with a button like I’ve always done

DISH Employee

ZXNasty, this was intended to simplify powering off your devices with 1 button press. Once you press the power button the TV itself powers off immediately and the receiver goes into a 5 minute countdown. If no satellite button is pressed during the 5 minutes the receiver will enter standby mode and the power light goes off. If you prefer the 2 power button method you can still get the 52.0 remotes although they don't have the voice features.

ZXNasty
Camera Crew

Again, as said in my post this seems like an oversight for anybody who has more than 1 device plugged into their TV. I want to be able to turn off my dish receiver so I can switch inputs on my TV but this new remote makes that nearly impossible. Did DISH ever consider that people might want to use their TV for more than just a DISH receiver?

I think this is beyond ridiculous. You’d think turning a device off would be a basic procedure

DISH Employee

You can post any feedback or suggestions regarding the 54.0 remote in our "Suggestions" category of our Community. Our engineers are always looking to improve functions of our equipment and make them as user friendly as possible.

ZXNasty
Camera Crew

I have now posted it in Suggestions, and will continue to put it wherever I can. This is just moronic how this is supposedly a “feature”

I love to know what DISH’s suggestion is if I want to switch to another input on my TV that has another device. What is the recommended procedure, now that I can’t simply turn off my receiver.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Press TV on the side, then input on the side. Inputs change just fine, including if you have hDMI CEC setup. I do this multiple times a day.

ZXNasty
Camera Crew

I don’t have issues changing inputs. My question was slightly sarcastic, since apparently the idea of turning off JUST my receiver is so farfetched. My problem is I want to be able to turn off my receiver and then switch inputs. I don’t see why I should have to leave the receiver on because this “feature” turns the TV off no matter what.

The suggestions I’ve gotten from Dish so far are, leave the receiver on, use my old remote, or turn the receiver off on the box itself.

I don’t understand why it’s so much to ask for the ability to turn off JUST my dish receiver like I’ve always been able to with my old remote