Remote 54.0 volume bug

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote 54.0 volume bug

BillK
Audio Engineer

I have my Dish 54.0 remote set to control a ZVOX sound bar.

Volume up and down work properly, but if I press mute, then unmute it, the volume up key on the remote turns the volume down on my sound bar.

Muting and unmuting a second time seems to restore proper operation.

It's not the ZVOX as after the mute/unmute, volume up sent from other remotes is still volume up, so it must be the 54.0 that is sending the volume down code when I press volume up (until I mute/unmute again.)

Tags (3)
2 Replies

Re: Remote 54.0 volume bug

RickObe
Visual Engineer
BillK wrote:
I have my Dish 54.0 remote set to control a ZVOX sound bar.

Volume up and down work properly, but if I press mute, then unmute it, the volume [b:1uwlnope]up[/b:1uwlnope] key on the remote turns the volume [b:1uwlnope][i:1uwlnope]down[/i:1uwlnope][/b:1uwlnope] on my sound bar.

Muting and unmuting a second time seems to restore proper operation.

It's not the ZVOX as after the mute/unmute, volume up sent from other remotes is still volume up, so it must be the 54.0 that is sending the volume [i:1uwlnope]down[/i:1uwlnope] code when I press volume up (until I mute/unmute again.)

My, that's a problem.

Two thoughts:

1) It may have something to do with the code you've chosen for the ZVOX. Try to reprogram the remote to another code:

[url:1uwlnope]https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/how-to/program-to-tvother[/url:1uwlnope]

2) If that fails, you may be able to workaround it by teaching the 54 remote the volume up/down commands for the ZVOX directly:

[url:1uwlnope]https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/customizablecommands[/url:1uwlnope]

Re: Remote 54.0 volume bug

BillK
Audio Engineer
I've done a bit more diagnosis:

It's actually an issue when you hold the volume up button down; at some point the volume will start dropping. The only way to make it go up again is to slowly poke the volume up button about once every half second. This does not happen with the original remote.

I have taught the 54.0 the volume and mute keys and I haven't yet seen it malfunction; I suspect the 54.0 code database is missing some timing information or occasionally drops a pulse that causes the ZVOX to interpret volume up as volume down.