Remote 54.0 goes dead

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote 54.0 goes dead

Hobietim
Character Actor

we have five 54.0s a hopper 3 and three joeys. one 54.0 we use only for one TV and Joey and it consistently goes dead, will not function or light up. Changed batteries, have to remove and reinsert batteries then it will perform one function, and then go dead, again. Frustrating as the low light function works and the device lights up in dark, but will notcontrol the Joey or TV.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Remote 54.0 goes dead

DISH Employee

Yes, at this point we would want to get you out a replacement. Can you please Private Message me with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, so I can get this taken care of for you?

8 Replies

DISH Employee

Hey there! Have you tried to deprogram the remote and then paired it back? This is only happening with the 1 remote, correct?

Hobietim
Character Actor

No I have not. I will attempt this. You are correct it is only this remote paired with an isolated joey and TV.

DISH Employee

Sounds good, attempt that and if issues persist we can look in to further solutions for you.

Hobietim
Character Actor

Cannot find instrucitons to do this, please provide. Everytime i go to use this remote i have to remove a battery and reinsert to get the remote to give a command, new batteries replaced yesterday.

Hobietim
Character Actor

Now the SAT light is light and it wont command

DISH Employee

To deprogram the remote please do the following:

1.Press and hold the SAT mode button until all mode lights on the top of the remote light up

2.Press and hold DVR and Guide at the same time for 5 seconds
(if successful, you will hear three descending tones after five seconds)

Once unpaired select the System Info button on the front of the Joey. You should end up at the Diagnostics screen. From there, press the SAT button once on the remote and you should hear ascending beeps this time around. 

Hobietim
Character Actor

Hey Kevin, nope i have to still take a battery out to get it to even send a command. It repaired and now still wont send a command more than once per battery removal and reset, time for rep 54.0

DISH Employee

Yes, at this point we would want to get you out a replacement. Can you please Private Message me with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, so I can get this taken care of for you?