Remote 52 on Samsung TV Source Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote 52 on Samsung TV Source Issue

Macrbest
Extra

1. I have the Hopper connected to a 1 year old Samsung smart TV. I have programed the TV into the Model 52 remote correctly. Using the remote to turn on the Hopper, then the TV, it will not activate the TV source on HDMI 4.
Alternately, turning on the TV, then the Hopper has the same source issue. Samsung says HDMI 1 is the preferred source for Sat. TV, but it doesn't work any better. Sometimes turning the TV off and back will activate the source, but most times have to use the TV remote to select a different source, then select HDMI 4. My old direct TV receiver was on HDMI 1 and the remote had no problem with activating the correct source. I am using the Dish provided high speed HDMI cable.
2. I have a Bose CineMate 15 sound bar, which I've correctly programed in to the 52 remote. When turning on the Hopper, it will not turn on the Bose sound bar, I have to use the old Bose remote. The 52 remote will adjust the volume & mute the sound bar, but it will also not turn off the sound bar.
Note:  My older Samsung smart TV connected to a Joey in another room, works perfectly with the 52 remote.
Any suggestions, it is very frustrating juggling 3 remotes?

Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: Remote 52 on Samsung TV Source Issue

DISH Employee
Do you have anything in HDMI 1? If not and when you power off the Samsung TV is it in HDMI 4 or does it default to HDMI 1?
How long has the Hopper system been installed, is the replacement Hopper? In regards to the Bose system, we do not guarantee all the buttons/functions will work with the DISH remote. Does your Bose remote have an IR sensor? If so you can teach it to do different functions to the 52.0 remote.

tkmelting
Extra
I have a similar problem. Just had DISH and the Hopper 3 installed. I also have a one year old Samsung Smart 4K TV. This TV has an "Anynet" system where I shouldn't have to toggle back and forth between sources. I used to have an X1 receiver and still have an Apple TV. The TV would recognize the source with the Anynet feature and would go to the source I turned on. Now, because the Hopper will not integrate with the TV I have to find the TV remote and cycle through the sources. I have to turn the "Anynet" off and can't use it for any of the other devices because I get a popup that the hopper is not recognized and have to find the TV remote to ok the popup. This is frustrating because I have to keep up with both remotes.

Also since my 52 remote is supposed to be programmed with the TV, wouldn't you think there would be a source button on the remote? At least I wouldn't have to find the TV remote to cycle thorough the sources. Seems the DISH network designers thought that the hopper would be the only entertainment device your homes.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
source button on the 52 is the input, lower on the side. works for the tv, push tv from the side button, then input
remote needs to not be in limited mode. hopper 3, under settings, remote, advanced, limited mode.

Macrbest
Extra
I found a Youtube video describing how to use the 4 buttons on the side of the 52 remote. Would have been nice to have that info in the remote documentation. That at least got everything accessible from ONE remote, however after configuring it, it worked one time, then back to same issue with the source. I found a Harmony universal remote I had purchased a few years back. I configured it with all my devices and setup an activity to turn on the Hopper, TV, & Bose sound bar. I even programed a button to perform the Back function from the 52 remote. It worked perfectly, until the devices got out of sync when shutting down. Now it's back to same old source issue. Guess I'll try wiping out the activity and reprogramming it. Samsung support had no solution.