Relocating dish at home

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating dish at home

mike757
Extra
I had my Dish installed several months ago. The installer mounted the dish to the top of my roof. With the recent snow the dish was covered with snow and I was out of service for about a day. I would like to relocate the dish to an easier to access location on my home. I contacted customer care but received no good answers. What bird or birds do I need to aim the dish at when I relocate. I would assume it is one of echostar's birds? Thanks for any help!
5 Replies

Re: Relocating dish at home

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Which receiver(s) do you have and what ZIP code are you in?

mike757
Extra
HOPPER3 in zipcode 23089

Chadt41411
Casting Director

You'll need to point at the EA satellites. If using dishpointer.com to point, you'll select a 1000.4EA system.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
You can mount the dish anywhere that has a clear view of the east sats, even on the ground. First make sure the skew and elevation are set correctly. Get it from menu/system set up/installation/point. You will than see were to point azimuth And sure the mounting pole is true vertical. With the dish mounted and pointing to the azimuth angle, tune to a 61.5 channel, start at the left, turn the dish 1/8" at a time until you get a signal. Keep turning until you get the highest signal strength, tune to a 72.7 channel, keep turning until you get the highest signal. Do the same for sat 77 if you use it. If three sats turn back to 72.7. If 61.5 and 72.7, turn back to get strongest signal between the two. [Changing the sat # on the signal page will not give you a signal strength of the changed sat. You must tune the TV to individual sats]
You will get your best results with a clear blue sky. [which will also give you the highest signal strength you can expect]

Arisch86
Extra

I see someone said it's an Eastern arc, if you're looking for the satellites, you can use a compass with degrees listing numbers. You're looking for 155° and 171° and your dish should be level and 42° elevation with your skew set at 76° on the dish.

You can also use a western arc and look for 225°, 235°, and 245°. Those elevations range from 36° down to 24°. Your dish would need set with a skew of 124° and elevation of 31°.

Your best bet is to have two people, one to watch the sat meter on the TV, while someone is tuning the dish.
You will need a 7/16" wrench to loosen the adjustment bolts.

For an Eastern you want both the 61.5 and 72.7 to be in the 50's or higher

For a western the 119 and 110 to be 70's or higher and the 129 to be 55 or higher.