Recurring Drops Internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Drops Internet

photog1500
Extra
I realize this may not be the place for internet support, but then again, there doesn't seem to be any place for internet support anywhere besides a phone call.
I have had three bad installations, a modem replacement, and now a final new install on a pole.
Everything has gotten much better but worse at the same time.
My regular speeds were 1.5 down when I pay for 15.

Now, the modem is going offline around 15-30 times per day! For minutes to hours at a time. When I am online, the speeds are closer to what is expected but still below. Then the random disconnects happen!
I call support, they cant help.
They cant see the event logs.
They cant escalate the call to network engineers.

It is beyond frustrating.
I work as a systems analyst and can say with some certainty this is a network issue, but cant get anyone who actually CAN fix it, to fix it.
I just want what I pay for, and will help in any way I can to get there.
Is there ANY way to get to Network Ops or anyone who can access my event logs?

I welcome ANY support! Thanks.
4 Replies

Re: Recurring Drops Internet

Chadt41411
Casting Director
All internet support is done through the Broadband team on the phone.

hddn
Visual Engineer
photog1500 wrote:
something that is usually worse than dialup! When averaging 1.5 down,

1.5 what? Last time I was on dialup it was around 30K bits per second both ways when you got a good connection.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
As Chad already said, Dish only provides internet support by phone call, so posting here won't get you any help.

stxisbest
Costume Designer
peggyrh wrote:
As Chad already said, Dish only provides internet support by phone call, so posting here won't get you any help.

It might if someone else has crappy dishnet service and may have encountered the problem or might have a possible fix.