Recover Files from External HD?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Files from External HD?

rgerik
Extra
I have two external hard drives that have worked faithfully with my Hopper 1. The oldest one (which also worked with my older ViP receiver) is a WD 750GB drive, while the newer one is a WD MyBook 2TB drive, both Dish compliant. A few weeks ago I noticed that the 750 GB drive would mount and show the correct % full, but no files would appear. I tried all three USB ports and several combinations of rebooting and remounting, all with no success.

Today I upgraded to a new Hopper 3. Same problem with the older 750 GB drive, while the 2TB drive works perfectly. Since the older drive is still mounting and reading disk usage, any suggestion for accessing the recorded programs or somehow getting the files off the drive before reformatting or replacing it?
1 Reply

Re: Recover Files from External HD?

rgerik
Extra
Another bit of information...I can transfer a program from the Hopper to the external HD and it comes back with a successful completion. Yet no program files appear when I go to that drive. Any tips or tricks on how to get to the files? Thanks, Rich