Recordings are freezing and displaying yellow screen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Recordings are freezing and displaying yellow screen

DISH Employee

Thank you for that information. We were able to double check to see if any of those channels have a known issue with a yellow screen and they do not. That could mean an issue with signal loss during those recording times. Have you noticed a similar screen appearing when watching live TV?

bwbmom
Camera Crew

No we have not. Just when watching shows via DVR

DISH Employee

Thanks! Can you tell me what model of receiver you have? It is listed on the front of the receiver, You should see something like "Hopper with Sling", or "VIP722K". 

Highlighted

bwbmom
Camera Crew

Hopper 3 with Sling

DISH Employee

Thanks! With your DISH remote, can you press the SAT button, then Menu/Home button three times? It will take you to a Diagnostics page. Can you scroll down to Status, then Check Switch, then Yes? Please allow the status at the top to reach 100%. Once that is done, can you tell me what the color of the checkmarks in box "E" is? Additionally, if you unplug the receiver from the power outlet for 15 seconds, then plug back in, are you still seeing the trouble with the recordings? 

bwbmom
Camera Crew

Did not see a "Check Switch". I ran "Check Status" and box E came back with 3 green check marks.  I don't have any more recordings to see if it is still doing it.  When I do I'll be glad to respond.

DISH Employee

Thank you! The testing you have done was correct and I appreciate you taking the time to do them. Please do reach out to us when you get the chance to test the recordings, if it continues we will go from there.

bwbmom
Camera Crew

Recorded GMA on local channel 3 ABC this morning at 7am.  Just started watching and had the yellow screen about 5 min in to recording.  Still watching so don't know if any more.

DISH Employee

I'd like to look into this in some more detail with your account specifics. Can you please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit security code? You can find the details on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039