Recordings Episode Sort Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings Episode Sort Problem

dflem29
Costume Designer
H3wS - There is a problem with the sort feature for shows with more than 1 episode, i.e., they are in a folder under the show title. Program sorting algorithm is wrong.

The date sort works but when I switch (TV Show Episodes Options - Sort) to 'Season, Episode' it does not work properly. I did not have that problem with the HwS. I get multiple seasons with different episodes under each season heading, the episodes are not repeated. Example for one show: Season 6, Season 5, Season 6, Season 5, Season 6, Season 5. It looks like the primary sort is the record date, then sorting by season, thus giving multiple seasons when all episodes should be under their respective season.
4 Replies

Re: Recordings Episode Sort Problem

DISH Employee
Is this with one or two particular shows, or every single show? Can you also let me know the software version on your Hopper?

dflem29
Costume Designer
It has happened only with 'Suits' so far... I transferred shows from EHD to H3wS. I'm testing to see if it happens with any other shows or if the issue occurred with separate transfers from different seasons. I am transferring in batches since my recent upgrade to the H3wS. When I viewed the show on the EHD, before transfer, the seasons displayed normally.

... U502 9/28/2017, 3:06 AM ....

dflem29
Costume Designer
I also have a sort problem with the season 8 episodes of 'Castle'.

I now also have a sort problem with 'Madam Secretary' after transferring in different batches.

This time the seasons are sequential, but the episodes under one of the seasons will not sort sequentially. I did not transfer them sequentially to test the issue. It appears that they sorted in the order I transferred them. This is how season 3 sorted: 23-11, 5, 10, 4, 9, 3, 8, 2, 7, 1, then 6 -1... I do have some recorded duplicates.

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer

When sorting by recorded date, it seems to work, but when sorting by season, I sometimes get episodes shoved under the wrong season.  Maybe whoever airs them is supposed to follow a header guide or format, but doesn't.  I don't know.  The Venture Brother's last season (season 7) for example, shows episode 1, listed as episode 1, but episode two is listed as epiosde 80.  3, 4, 5, are fine, but episode 6 again has no 6, but instead is listed by title, and episode 85, follwed by 86, 87, 88, and 90 (no 89?). These aren't even the real episode numbers - like episode 90 is actually episode 81, the 10th episode of season 7, so where they get the number 90 is a compelte mystery.  Suffice it to say, the Hopper isn't sorting them by season properly because the information is wrongly given in some header.

It's probably just because they're recorded close to midnight, but they also say things like first aired 9/24/2018 but recorded 9/23/2018 a day earlier than first aired.

There is no editing function so one can correct it for themselves, but the main problem is the sort routine is shoving them in the wrong season, usually at the bottom of the list - like I have no season 1 recorded, but those misheaded season 7 episodes are listed under season 2, and at the bottom, and not even in the right recorded date order.  I'm not sure what order they are using.  It's not season number, or date recorded, or alphabetical.  Oh, it seems to be the reverse of the recorded date, so last one recorded is at the bottom of season 2.

Weirdly, only some of those are stuck in season 2 since at least two of the misheaded episoded still made it into the season 7 category.  I have no idea why.

I've seen this happen for other shows, too.