Recording

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording

URTKarts
Extra
How do you set a SEEK recording that will actually work. The current system totally sucks in regards to being able to record. This programming is so antiquidated it is unreal and If not updated very soon I will be searching for a new provider. I should not have to search every single episode of a series to set up a recording. Mainly Sports, Why is NASCAR not considered a Sport? Why is IndyCar not considered a sport??? I'm tired of missing my races because your programmers can't setup a simple search to make recording across multiple channels possible. Get with the program Dish this has been possible on other systems for YEARS!!!!!
7 Replies

Re: Recording

DISH Employee
What is the model of DISH receiver you're using? If you have a Hopper series HD DVR, do you search by the actual race (Indy 500, Talladega)? If so is there nothing coming up for the search? What are the upcoming races you are planning to record/watch?

URTKarts
Extra
I search for example INDYCAR or NASCAR Monster Energy. But I have to create a separate timer for each and every channel that either of the series might appear on. It will not scan all channels with just one search. That is archaic by todays standards and by what other Providers furnish.

DISH Employee
What is the Hopper model that you have? It should be listed on the bottom left-hand side on the front panel.

URTKarts
Extra
ErikaP wrote:
What is the Hopper model that you have? It should be listed on the bottom left-hand side on the front panel.

Hopper 3

dickandjo
Extra
Dish took away the useful search options with the new interface downgrade. For example, We cannot search for movies or shows by rating or genre anymore. You have to know the name of a specific show or movie to search for. What a joke. Last month (for many years) you could search for all the science fiction movies on your subscribed channels. Or you could narrow it down to all of the science fiction movies with a 4 star rating. They took that away. Maybe they don't want us to easily find good shows to record. Maybe they think they will sell more pay per view. Who knows.. Not to mention that the new interface downgrade is amazingly slow. Dish used to be better than Direct TV but not anymore. I feel cheated by DISH and hope they let us out of our contracts without penalty. I have not found one improvement in the new interface. It is very bad. If they fix it in the next month or roll us back to the previous interface I will stay. Otherwise I will be dropping DISH.

rasouza
Camera Crew
I just "downgraded" and have the same issues. I called Support and have a commitment of a response by Monday. I depend on the Seek & Record function for lots of my timers and if it's taken away I'll have to look elsewhere for my service as well. Also, the new UI is very slow, doesn't appear to have improved anything and is more difficult to use than the old version - which, I was told, is no longer an option.

tstuard
Extra
I have the same issue. I want my old hardware and search function back!