Recording paused live TV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording paused live TV

Lemonban
Character Actor

Let's say I'm watching a game live, hit pause, then at some point want to record it. It seems if the game is no longer currently on in the schedule, then I can't record it, even if a bunch has been recorded, so I can't save it for later. Is this true? If so lame. Directv never had this problem.

Tags (3)
5 Replies

Re: Recording paused live TV

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Every company has different features since they have different equipment, you shouldn't expect them to work the same way.

If you hit pause and decide to record, all you need to do is go all the way back to the beginning of the game, hit record then hit live tv on your remote and should save from where you tuned in to end of the game or continue recording if the game is still in progress.

Lemonban
Character Actor

Yeah the problem is the game might still be in progress but the guide info has a new show listed. You can't seem to record the thing you have paused in this instance. Like tonight when I had the football game paused and it was playing 60 minutes behind. I kept hitting record, but it does nothing. I want to record what is save and keep recording on that channel. No way to do that it seems.

Lemonban
Character Actor

I'm not expecting dish to be directv, directv hardware was super buggy. But I can want more useful options. There is no reason dish can't let us have more choices.

stile99
Cinematographer
If there's a football game being broadcast right this second, but when you press guide it shows "show that is being delayed by football", if you choose to record "show that is being delayed by football", since what is SHOWING is football, then what is recorded will be football.