cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Recording in SD not HD

remltr
Camera Crew

Set up a seek timer for Glory. It finally showed up scheduled for Monday the 11th on channel 132. But it showed it was going to record on the SD channel not the HD channel.

I deleted the timer and restored it using the HD channel.

How do I avoid something like this happeneing in the future? Is there a setting that I am missing to record only in HD? I did find that the timer default setting Smart Prepare For Mobile was set to on. I set it to off. Is that the setting?

7 Replies

Re: Recording in SD not HD

peggyrh
Casting Director

No, smart prepare for mobile makes a recording for transfer to a tablet or phone, has nothing to do with what you want.  Mine is set to hide duplicate SD channels & I removed most of the SD channels from my Favorites as well since I rarely  watch them - & it makes list much shorter to scroll through.  I rarely use seek timers, but I've never had my Hopper choose the  SD instead of the HD channel.

DISH Employee

Hello Remltr. When setting up your timers you would want to make sure that your HD only option is turned on. 

remltr
Camera Crew

@peggyrh wrote:

No, smart prepare for mobile makes a recording for transfer to a tablet or phone, has nothing to do with what you want.  Mine is set to hide duplicate SD channels & I removed most of the SD channels from my Favorites as well since I rarely  watch them - & it makes list much shorter to scroll through.  I rarely use seek timers, but I've never had my Hopper choose the  SD instead of the HD channel.

Peggy,

I have done all that you suggest previously, so I was surprised that the SD channel was selected myself.

remltr
Camera Crew

@KimberlyH wrote:

Hello Remltr. When setting up your timers you would want to make sure that your HD only option is turned on. 

KimberlyH,

I don't find that setting anywhere in the settings or while setting up a recording, can you provide me a little more information?

DISH Employee

My apologies. There is no specific setting that allows you to set the timer for HD. If you are setting up a manual timer are you setting up the recording from the HD version of the channel?

remltr
Camera Crew

@KimberlyH wrote:

My apologies. There is no specific setting that allows you to set the timer for HD. If you are setting up a manual timer are you setting up the recording from the HD version of the channel?

I wasn't setting up a manual. I just did a search for the movie Glory. I may have missed an option for the HD channel vs the SD channel. I am usually pretty cognizant of that though.

DISH Employee

I see. Should you ever run into any other hiccups please feel free to reach out to us.