Recording errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording errors

lakeboy52
Extra
Specifically, "Series" recording editing issue.
(I chatted with online assistance personnel, pursuing resolution assistance, and printed the chat record. The only option I was presented with was to purchase an equipment upgrade so I could have 7 tuner capability.)
Below is the issue presented:
A Series Recording Edited to record, "ONLY NEW" episodes, continues to be placed in the "Daily Schedule" line-up and re-recorded at later times of the same day or night, causing unexpected subsequent recording conflicts.
Example:
I set a Series recording for future scheduled Showtime Boxing. I edit this Timer to record. "ONLY NEW" so I don't use my Tuners to record the same program that may re-run on the given channel at a later time.
I'm cognitive of the fact that Over scheduling will create conflicts for other program recording so I pay attention to the different colored icons and messages that are built in to the Hopper to notify me when this will or may occur,
(program time over-laps, etc.) you know.
Now that the Series Recording editing function is not doing what it's designed to do, Conflicts are occurring later on in the night or day when I'm not watching TV. This conflict was not evident when combined with the originally edited version and other scheduled recordings. It only occurs because the Hopper isn't functioning correctly.
I've had this Hopper system since 2013, and up until a week or so ago, has functioned as designed. A previously great piece of equipment.
Dish rep says there's no knowledge or notifications on record, of this irregularity with this equipment.

Any help or recommendations to resolve this problem will be greatly appreciated. (I did reboot the system and deleted the timer and set a new timer, it still persists)
3 Replies

Re: Recording errors

DISH Employee
lakeboy52 wrote:
Specifically, "Series" recording editing issue.
(I chatted with online assistance personnel, pursuing resolution assistance, and printed the chat record. The only option I was presented with was to purchase an equipment upgrade so I could have 7 tuner capability.)
Below is the issue presented:
A Series Recording Edited to record, "ONLY NEW" episodes, continues to be placed in the "Daily Schedule" line-up and re-recorded at later times of the same day or night, causing unexpected subsequent recording conflicts.
Example:
I set a Series recording for future scheduled Showtime Boxing. I edit this Timer to record. "ONLY NEW" so I don't use my Tuners to record the same program that may re-run on the given channel at a later time.
I'm cognitive of the fact that Over scheduling will create conflicts for other program recording so I pay attention to the different colored icons and messages that are built in to the Hopper to notify me when this will or may occur,
(program time over-laps, etc.) you know.
Now that the Series Recording editing function is not doing what it's designed to do, Conflicts are occurring later on in the night or day when I'm not watching TV. This conflict was not evident when combined with the originally edited version and other scheduled recordings. It only occurs because the Hopper isn't functioning correctly.
I've had this Hopper system since 2013, and up until a week or so ago, has functioned as designed. A previously great piece of equipment.
Dish rep says there's no knowledge or notifications on record, of this irregularity with this equipment.

Any help or recommendations to resolve this problem will be greatly appreciated. (I did reboot the system and deleted the timer and set a new timer, it still persists)

This is currently a known issue that our engineers are working to resolve. In the meantime you can try to delete the original timer and recreate it. The estimated fix date is fix etr: 5/17/17.

lakeboy52
Extra
Thank you for the prompt reply Jessica!

stile99
Cinematographer
[url:qpp16fal]https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20792[/url:qpp16fal]