Recorded Wrong Channel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded Wrong Channel

giblaba12
Camera Crew
Sunday night I recorded Top Gear America on BBCA. Monday night I sat down to watch it. On the recordings page it showed Top Gear America recorded from BBCA. I started the recording and it was Thor: The Dark World, recorded from FX. Any idea how this happened? My DVR is the original Hopper.
9 Replies

Re: Recorded Wrong Channel

DISH Employee
Is this the only recording this has happened on, or any other channels this has happened on?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
it could be old bug back again,

H3 use show the WRONG recording when picking one recording, Example Doctor who was record but when going to watch it, DVR played Expanse which was also recorded and on the DVR, this was bug that happened while back

or was there no recording anywhere on the DVR from that show from that channel in first place.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
If I were a betting man, I'd guess that both channels come from the same satellite and the same transponder.

giblaba12
Camera Crew
This is the only time so far that this has happened. As far as I know there was no recording of this episode of Top Gear anywhere on the hard drive.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
giblaba12 wrote:
This is the only time so far that this has happened. As far as I know there was no recording of this episode of Top Gear anywhere on the hard drive.

yah but you said you where recording top gear but it showed thor when you selected topgear, my question was there recording of thor on FX some place on the dvr already? if there was then old bug it back if there wasnt then new bugs >>

giblaba12
Camera Crew
tsunami2311 wrote:
yah but you said you where recording top gear but it showed thor when you selected topgear, my question was there recording of thor on FX some place on the dvr already? if there was then old bug it back if there wasnt then new bugs >>

There was no recording of Thor on FX already on the dvr.

giblaba12
Camera Crew
17 days ago EricaP asked me a question about my problem which I answered that day. 17 days and no reply since. What's up?

stile99
Cinematographer
giblaba12 wrote:
17 days ago EricaP asked me a question about my problem which I answered that day. 17 days and no reply since. What's up?

You reported it only happened the one time, so I'm going to guess what's up is that sometimes, things happen. Especially with the lovely guide data Rovi provides.

giblaba12
Camera Crew
stile99 wrote:

You reported it only happened the one time, so I'm going to guess what's up is that sometimes, things happen. Especially with the lovely guide data Rovi provides.

You are probably right, but it would have been nice to hear a reply from the person who asked me the question.