Recorded Show Sometimes Not All There???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded Show Sometimes Not All There???

JazzAzz
Camera Crew
Here's one for y'all, why occasionally on my "722" DVR, I have recorded a show, and it comes up on the RECORDED list, with the FULL, entire recorded time, but then when I watch it, only maybe half or a partial amount is actually there ending at that, DELETE, RESUME, ETC," page???

Happened yesterday evening. I even restarted it, slowly forwarding it to that same point, ended again. How/WHY will the DVR say a show is DONE, full time period, but it IS NOT???!!!

I had to find the show I wanted to finish online & streamed it from my computer. This doesn't happen often, but once is too much :-)
4 Replies

Re: Recorded Show Sometimes Not All There???

DISH Employee
Is this happening on all of your recordings or just certain ones?

JazzAzz
Camera Crew
ErikaP wrote:
Is this happening on all of your recordings or just certain ones?

No pattern, that seldom, occasional. But when it happens>>>>>Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And there was no event like a power outage here, because our Microwave and stove's clock would have given that away. Possible a hit on DishNet's end.

Now wasn't I supposed to get an email that I had a reply???

dsinjt
Extra
I am having a variation of the same problem.
When replaying a recorded program from the DVR, sometimes in the middle of watching the program, the replay stops, and the screen goes to the final menu, with a time left of 0:00. "Resume" is not available, but "Start Over" is available. We can start over, fast-forward to where the replay had stopped, and continue watching the program to the end. This has happened numerous times on both TVs connected to the system.
I just had a chat session with Dish technical support. The responses were: first, unknown problem; finally, reset the receiver -- "This fixes 90% of all problems." I assume this is the Dish equivalent of Microsoft's "re-install Windows".
Any other ideas?

JazzAzz
Camera Crew
They say that because that is what their script says to say, because they have no idea why certain things happen, like when it just sprinkles or a bird takes a leak on the Dish, >>LOL>>We lose our Local Sacramento LOCAL HD channels, but SD is fine, except weirdly so not channel 31, HD is fine there???!!!

Dish Tech support says, "Should not happen," techs have been out here a few times, realigning the dish to no avail, but in fact is a known problem with satellite services, can just Google. It has something to do with the Locals being on a, ""Ka," band, and is way more critical, and sensitive to rainy conditions, even a sprinkle.

So on days when the forecast says rain, I have to change my planned recorded LOCAL shows over to the "SD" side," so as to not miss them. But don't ask THEM, they have no idea>>LOL.

Now when that happens, the local channels, while watching live, unless a DOWNPOUR, then all is lost, will automatically switch over to the SD side. I just wish that the (722) DVR could do that, while about to record.