Recorded Programs Missing from DVR

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded Programs Missing from DVR

Nernie871
Extra

My regularly scheduled/recorded shows are starting to disappear from my DVR after a week! Ex: my boyfriend and I love "Better Late Than Never" and went to watch a previously recorded episode from last week (on the same day that a new episode was airing later that evening), and it was no longer in the DVR. This has been happening with most of our weekly shows... I asked my sister if that's happened to her with her Dish account. She said "Yes... You need to take it off of the PrimeTime feature. HERE'S THE PROBLEM I DON'T HAVE A HOPPER & JOEYS... OR THE PRIMETIME FEATURE TO DISABLE. Any takers on how to fix this???I have gone thru EVERY single option available in my Programming/Menu/Timers/Preferences... And before anybody asks... NO, we are not skipping or manually deleting any of these items ourselves & we haven't reached any kind of cap on programming shows or hours available.
REALLY feeling frustrated!

Tags (3)
15 Replies

Re: Recorded Programs Missing from DVR

DISH Employee
What model is your receiver? Have you checked the deleted folder to see if the recordings are in there?

blueberry
Character Actor

Hi, Do you have the programs set in the prime time on the dvr? I read those will delete after 8 days automatically. I think there is a setting you can change to keep them thou.

I'm just a dish subscriber so I'm not sure what else could cause this but when I saw your post just thought I would offer the suggestion.
Hope you get it sorted out, I know how frustrating it can be to loose the shows we enjoy.
Good luck,
Lisa

Chadt41411
Casting Director

Won't. E able to assist in knowing the problem until we know the receiver, since they say they do not have a Hopper.

I looked on my phone on Dish Anywhere and all recordings are still there. I just select and then choose to watch on TV.

steve1
Character Actor

Having similar issues which started about 8-9-18.  I have a Hopper w/ Sling and 1 Joey. Some programs recorded and saved last week or 3 months ago  (it doesn't matter) are missing. The DVR is 44% full. I have reset both the Hopper and Joey several times.

Situation 1: A series folder shows 10 recordings until you open it and there are only 2 to select from

Situation 2: A series folder shows 10 recordings. When you open the folder the green bar displays forever and there are no episodes to select.

I have some series folders that don't have an issue. They show x episodes and there are x episodes.

If I go to DishAnywhere everything is normal. The episodes all show up as expected for all the series that I have recorded and I can watch them on DishAnywhere.

Most of these shows were recorded using Prime Time Live (and have been saved) but some with issues also have manual timers. So, it's not prime time.

fiv4fightn
Extra

Same setup as above except we don't use Primetime. Just noticed this yesterday, everything is still on DishAnywhere and we can use that to watch them but was there an update or something that went out this week that has caused this?

steve1
Character Actor

I don't know but that would be a good thought. I tried calling Dish support, Dish called me back 50 minutes later. I then sat on hold another 15 minutes. Then the Dish employee pretended he couldn't hear me and after a minute hung up right after telling me to check dish online. What a hoot! 

brettb
Extra

I'm having the identical problem with my Hopper 3. I'm trying the transfer to external drive, to see if the missing shows reappear. Hopefully Dish realizes they've screwed up and get a patch out fast. Ugh.

steve1
Character Actor

Here is the reply that I got using Dish Chat:

"I am sorry that you are having this issue. It is affecting a few of our customers and our technicians are working now to correct this. Once we have it fixed, an update will be sent to your Hopper reciever.
Please be sure to place all receivers in standby at night when not in use so they can pick up this update."

Of course I couldn't get an estimated fix date/time! So I guess we wait...