Recorded Programs Missing from DVR

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded Programs Missing from DVR

rdpalmer
Character Actor

About 3 weeks ago our DVR started losing the programs that were being recorded during the day. I have lost all of the Christmas movies that I have recorded. It is so frustrating. I would check the DVR file and see that the movies were there but the next day they would be gone.   Then I would delete programs from the DVR that I no longer wanted and would delete them from the trash file but they would show back up the next day after the system rebooted (or updated) during the night.

5 Replies

Re: Recorded Programs Missing from DVR

DISH Employee

I absolutely get why you would be upset with this situation, and certainly don't want this being the experience you have with DISH. I'd love to check some things with you to see if we can get this resolved. 

Will you press the Menu button on the DISH remote 2 times (if you don't have the Menu button, press the Home button 3 times). Then, select Status > Check Status > Yes. 

Are any colors showing in field "D"?

rdpalmer
Character Actor

They all checked out and it says no issues found.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Thank you! The issue with the deleted recordings reappearing is a known issue and our Engineering Team is aware of this issue. They are actively working on investigating the trouble. We appreciate you checking that for us! The recording that you are missing were not recording from the local stations, correct? Also, can you tell me what percentage your DVR is at? You can check this by going to the DVR menu, then at the top right, you will see the percentage. 

rdpalmer
Character Actor

There are 2 issues here. #1. Programs deleting on their own. #2. Programs reappearing after 2am reboot that I have deleted. 

The programs being deleted are both local channels and non-local channels. And last night I saw that a show (Young and the Restless) that is recorded on a local channel had actually recorded yesterday (first time in over 3 weeks) so I got to watch it but it disappeared after the 2am reboot (good thing I watched it last night!) I can be watching movies and see programs being recorded yet when I go to the DVR recorded file they are nowhere to be found.  

The DVR is currently at 69%. However, when I delete all the crap off of it I don't want it goes down to 45% but after the 2am reboot it comes back up to 69% (even tho' I deleted the trash folder.) 

I really appreciate your help on this! It is so very frustrating.

DISH Employee

That's so crazy! Can you Private Message me so we can submit this additional feedback? You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039