Reciver turn off and on by self

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reciver turn off and on by self

jf1us
Extra
I have been having problems with receiver turning off and on for a few days. Went through all sorts of try this and try that from tech. TO NO AVAIL!!!!!!!!!!!! Now sending me a new receiver! OH DID I SAY I HAVE DVR 79% FULL! NOW THEY TELL ME THAT I WILL LOSS ALL OF IT BECAUSE RECEIVER WILL NOT STAY ON LONG ENOUGH TO TRANSFER! TOLD I SHOULD HAVE HAD EXTERNAL DVR!! WELL IF I KNOW THEIR EQUIPMENT WOULD FAIL AND THE DID TOO, THEY SHOULD HAVE GIVE ME ONE AND MAKE ME SPEN 100 BUCKS TO SAVE STUFF THAT I PAY THEM TO SAVE ON THE DVR!!
3 Replies

Re: Reciver turn off and on by self

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Unplug the Coax from the receiver and plug the power back on. See if it comes up to the complete signal loss screen and stays there. If it does, you can transfer your recordings to an eHD.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Or, you should be able to transfer recordings directly from the old hopper to the new one via an Ethernet cable, using one of the menu options in Tools.

crfender
Extra
Having the same "known issue." After 5 days of calling and chatting they are finally sending me a new HWS. I hope this fixes my issue or I may have to call Spectrum.com. Been living with this escalating issue for three weeks now. Hopper w/ Sling reboots over 40 times a day.