Reception problem channel 9 only x one week (ABC)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception problem channel 9 only x one week (ABC)

RALeach
Extra

Channel 9 has been breaking up (audio and image) for about a week.  A few times there was a message saying not to call because Dish was aware of the problem.  Resetting the system has not done anything.  This is our most watched channel.  Upstate NY area.

3 Replies

Re: Reception problem channel 9 only x one week (ABC)

DISH Employee

Hello RALeach. I hate to hear that you're having issues with your local channel. Usually when we're aware of the issue like this, it's an issue with the channel owners transmitting the signal. If you'd like to send us a private message with your account information, we'd be happy to submit feedback that this is happening to you. 

Here are -step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

Yep, it is a known issue with the local transmission tower, not Dish Network.    They are "waiting on parts to arrive" in order to make repairs to the transmission quality.  

Not knowing a thing about the repair work but judging from NewsChannel 9's Twitter updates, I have a feeling it will be the end of the week before the repair is made.  If I were a local TV advertiser I would be upset, given that only the local cable company (Spectrum) and Verizon FiOS customers are not affected by this.

I also watch this local channel for morning and evening news and am very disappointed with the outage.

Well, no sooner did I reply when the local broadcaster announced via Twitter that the repairs are complete.  Looks like they admitted that the outage affected Dish customers as well, which we already knew:

https://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/update-newschannel-9-broadcast-tower-work-has-finshed-we-ar...