Rebooting Hopper

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebooting Hopper

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
Noticed the morning that the Hopper rebooted 3 times without user interference. Late this afternoon that Hopper rebooted on its own without any human intervention when turned to the Coffee House channel (& the same this morning!). Ran the Status this morning before Hopper rebooted and all clean with the four components! This afternoon my wife was watching Netflix and reported no problems! Also this afternoon watching the DIY channel no problems! Should I be concerned with the latest?
17 Replies

Re: Rebooting Hopper

DISH Employee
If the receiver is no longer rebooting hopefully it should no longer happen. however if it continues to reboot on its own please let us know and we can certainly troubleshoot the issue to see what may be going on.

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
Didn't happen at all during the weekend, but this Mon morning it has automatically rebooted twice while on Pandora! Thought I was home free! Response last week from Israel who said to watch for rebooting unannounced. Ran Status and all Okay! Should I be concerned?

ellingmel
Character Actor
My hopper 3 was rebooting at least once a day - sometiimes 3 or 4 - always while watching it. Dish sent a replacement - since I have had it and it has been configured it has rebooted 8 times - in about 2 hours.

I give up - cable equipment was terrible. This equipment is worse because it doesn't actually work at all.

Hulu and netflix i think.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I'd do a reset of the Hopper or even do a factory reset with the Hopper. I have a H3 and it's been working well. ZERO reboots while watching from the Hopper or Joeys. All have most current May SW. 5/16/2017

If the problem continues, I'd ask for a on site technician to come out and check EVERYTHING. :shock:

I'd review my configuration as well. Works great. ;)

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
I did not have a Rebooting Hopper the entire weekend, but this morning it went into a reboot unattended mode! 9:37 AM Mon May 22 and now I am convinced that Dish is doing it somehow! The Hopper is not the problem, some signal or glitch in Dish's transmission! Same thing happened last weekend as the Rebooting did not happen at all during the weekend, but occurred during the week on and off! I have run the Status as all shows Okay!!

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
Just went into the Rebooting Operation again at 9:53 AM Mon May 22, 2017. Quit doing that Dish!!

The receiver should only reboot once a day for the nightly updates. Do you have the Hopper plugged into a power strip or surge protector?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
No! It is plugged into a direct wall unit! Never had this problem before! Rebooted Automatically the Hopper 7 times this morning before 11 and didn't happen at all after that! What is the problem Dish?

WFScooter
Camera Crew
My Hopper was rebooting 4 or 5 times a week. I think mostly when something was recording and I was using PIP with the other 2 tuners. Got so tired of it I loaded the new GUI update. Knock on wood, so far no reboots, and 2 part recordings. :)

Now the new GUI is a new H E double hockey of its own. :'(. So slow...